turn off charms gesture

gary t

i am using windows 8.1 64bit on Cosmos Series: 17.3 laptop.
i am trying to turn off the sweep in from the right gesture that turns on the charms.
ive had a good look around the web but it seems im running an older synaptics version than the one that offers the option to turn off.
im a bit weary of just downloading a newer version if it is not known to be stable on my machine.
from what ive read i should be able to Deselect “Enable Edge Swipes” but i cannot find anything that does this.

the version i have from clevo is 17.0.9.1 the driver is 16.5.1.1

any suggestions please as it is becoming a real irritation.

izzyy

just update the touch driver you shoud be safe. Im posting this from an Acer 8930g that was built in 2009.

Synaptics driver i am using at the moment is the 17.0.6 version so I am actually above you. Still all working stable you will be fine all the touch devices are all similar anyhow.

gary t

ive updated the driver to 17.0.9.1 but the options are as they was, i think i may need to update something called the synaptics gesture suite.

gary t

ive been on that site izzyy and many others that show the same but i dont have the option shown on them.

gary t

i dont know if this makes a difference but mines a clickpad as opposed to touchpad.
the driver is touchpad but info calls it clickpad.
my previous laptop was vista and the touchpad was buttoned, you may need to excuse some of my inadequacies.

Last edited:

gary t

i dont know if my issue should dealt with differently.
i had a lot of issues when the laptop arrived just before xmas.
one was the mouse driver, i had elan and synaptics installed.
i was told to remove both, then i was sent a link to clevo which i installed this being synaptics.
this was despite being told here i should be using a elan driver.
ive just re downloaded from the link sent by pcs and it is as said synaptics but if i go to clevo and put in my model i download elan.
so now i dont know what i should be using and the fact that was blue screening may have been because both elan and synaptics were installed were installed when i received the laptop, this was one of a few issues.
all is fine now and using synaptics has been problem free apart from i cant turn off the charm swipe which is really irritating.