Turning on problems

Jchappers

Hi,

I purchased my vortex II 15.6 around 10 months ago, ive had no issues or problems until now.

Recently it started turning it self on, which i thought was very strange, it woke me up one morning at 5am, and some how it was on, i always insure i turn it off correctly when im finished with it. so this puzzled me.

Im not sure this has anything to do with the problem im now about to explain, but i thought i better mention it.

This was around a week ago. Today i go to turn my laptop on, however it doesn't do anything, the cable is plugged in, the light is on the power cable, and the lights on the laptop are on to tell me that its charging. Still nothing, so i remove the battery then put it back in, it turns on and a menu comes up saying something about it wouldn't turn on and its looking for a solution and a way to repair it. It then pops up saying i could system restore to a previous time, i declined as i didnt know when that last restore would be. After this it said it would shut down. So when i tried to turn it back on, nothing happened. so i removed the battery and left it out, i kept it plugged in and tried to turn it on. nothing happened until i removed the power cable then plugged it back in and somehow it turned it self on.

So if i have the battery in and my laptop plugged it and try turn it on, nothing.

When i remove the battery and have my laptop plugged in, nothing, nothing until i remove the power cable from the back, then plug it back in, then it starts up as soon as i plug it back in, even without pressing the power button.

I was hoping someone can help me, as im not sure if its a battery problem or something more major.

Thanks

Jed.

Dotnetwizard

Bronze Level Poster
Could be that the power button is somehow stuck causing an open circuit occur. I could be wrong, but it might be a good idea to drop PCS a message to see what they say.