Two graphics cards?

seatay

I am currently looking at a build and was wondering if getting a second graphic cards is really worth it? as in will it make any difference for games, programs, etc? using this solely for gaming purposes

Rakk

The Awesome
Well, two of one graphic cards will generally outperform one of said graphics card in most things, and most games now can take advantage of that, however, I'd always suggest one more powerful card rather than two lesser cards, it uses less power, has less to go wrong and if you do then want to SLI/Crossfire later you only need buy one of the same card (which would probably be cheaper by then as well) rather than having two cards to replace to improve :)

seatay

what would you suggest a good futre-proof motherboard then for sli/crossfire as ive never done anything with sli before. and what graphics card, I was thinking 1 NVIDIA GTX 680 now then 1 later. Is it hard to set up sli/crossfire for graphics? Also for 2 graphics cards would a CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX850 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE be ok or should i go for the 1050W?

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
In that case mate, I'd get the p8z68v gen3 mobo, a 680 and a 850w psu.

it would be prudent to ensure that you have a good case, with atleast one or more fans on the side panel, just to get cool air over the card/s.

Tom