Two new work PCs from PCS - Ryzen 3900X

UKJLo

Two new work PC's i configured/installed today, used (by myself and colleague) for mostly 3D CAD with Autodesk Inventor Professional but also used for AutoCAD and the Adobe CC Suite.

It took a lot of effort from me to finally convince the bean counters/IT dept not to buy another Dell.. I finally got my wish at work, That's three PC's we have from PCS now and all amazing performers! Wish i had my own at home though now :(

BE QUIET! BASE 601 TOWER
AMD RYZEN 9 3900X
ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING
32GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz
PNY QUADRO RTX 4000
1TB CORSAIR MP600 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe
2TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO
CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™
CORSAIR H115i RGB PLATINUM
3x CORSAIR LL120 RGB LED Fan

IMG_20200128_172154.jpg

IMG_20200127_173952.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
How are you finding the 3900x? I built a 3950x PC for a friend for data science. These Ryzen 3000 cpu's are just absolute monsters, they really have to be experienced to be believed!

That's a lovely build, both aesthetically and specs wise!

UKJLo

Cheers @SpyderTracks Thanks for the nice comment!... I tried a few renderings on Adobe Dimension earlier (non-overclocked)... I totally agree with that statement about Ryzen, an absolute beast! :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Those are absolute stonkers! Monster builds both of them.

Any reason for the STRIX or was it just aesthetics? Quite a premium on it but it does have nice features.

UKJLo

Yeah, chosen really for the aesthetics, not really required and certainly didn't require the Hero... The first PC we ordered (last year) actually had the gigabyte Gaming X installed, We had a budget so why not fill it!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I know the strix is expensive, but it would be my go to option as well for x570, it’s a great board.

Me too.... I like the extra features though :)

It's stunning as well. Aesthetics is a perfectly reasonable reason IMO :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Me too.... I like the extra features though :)

It's stunning as well. Aesthetics is a perfectly reasonable reason IMO :D
With this build the black and white running through the lot is sublime, really really nice. I'm not really one for matching internals, but this really is quite beautiful.

UKJLo

Ha ha, I hadn’t noticed that until you pointed it out!

Time to get the spray paint out :ROFLMAO:

What's the deal with BIOS updates?... I didn't look to see what version was installed but i thought i read a post about BIOS updates and warranty???

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Time to get the spray paint out :ROFLMAO:

What's the deal with BIOS updates?... I didn't look to see what version was installed but i thought i read a post about BIOS updates and warranty???
Yes, part of the t’s and c’s of the warranty is that BIOS updates need to be performed with PCS agreement.
They got a lot of people bricking due to incorrect flashing and claiming on warranty so stuck in that stipulation to safeguard mistakes.

it’s a bit annoying for those in the know, but a small price to pay.

UKJLo

Yes, part of the t’s and c’s of the warranty is that BIOS updates need to be performed with PCS agreement.
They got a lot of people bricking due to incorrect flashing and claiming on warranty so stuck in that stipulation to safeguard mistakes.

it’s a bit annoying for those in the know, but a small price to pay.

Cheers for the info! Will check the version tomorrow and ask if necessary... I can imagine the issues that have happened in the past!