Two years ago, I got lost here

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hello hello,

Two years (and one day) ago, a friend of mine advise me to come to PCS to buy a new laptop, so i came to this forum, looked for a good choice and almost buy the octane 6 (if i'm not wrong).
But the same friend that advise me to buy from PCS told me to wait a little as new cpu and gpu were about to be launched...
I followed this advice and waited some time to buy my recoil with a 3080 and an i7-11700k.

But today, i'm not writing this message to speak about computer, but to introduce myself. You could say "how about time", but to be fair, at this time, i really was not sure to stay a long time around ...
But as you are completely nuts, awkward, sometime funny and simply incredible and generous, i choose to stay (you can say i'm as much as nuts as you, but shuss ! :D)

So, since 3 months, i'm a Doctor in Neurosciences and Human Factors (or ergonomics) - (god dammit, it was the fourth longest years of my life), but now, it's done. And i can say that i'm proud of what i did, it was really rewarding ^^
I'm 31 years old French (nobody's perfect, i know, i have to have a flaw :D), soon to be (in one week) teacher and researcher in an engineer school.

I like books, musics (all kind of), whisky and video games ...

Thanks to you, i learned many things about computer, even if i'm still a noob :D

And i think it's all i can say ^^

(Oh, yeah, please, excuse me when i do English mistakes (because i know i do some), and, if it's a really big one, don't hesitate to mention it, i'll try to not do it again)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello hello,

Two years (and one day) ago, a friend of mine advise me to come to PCS to buy a new laptop, so i came to this forum, looked for a good choice and almost buy the octane 6 (if i'm not wrong).
But the same friend that advise me to buy from PCS told me to wait a little as new cpu and gpu were about to be launched...
I followed this advice and waited some time to buy my recoil with a 3080 and an i7-11700k.

But today, i'm not writing this message to speak about computer, but to introduce myself. You could say "how about time", but to be fair, at this time, i really was not sure to stay a long time around ...
But as you are completely nuts, awkward, sometime funny and simply incredible and generous, i choose to stay (you can say i'm as much as nuts as you, but shuss ! :D)

So, since 3 months, i'm a Doctor in Neurosciences and Human Factors (or ergonomics) - (god dammit, it was the fourth longest years of my life), but now, it's done. And i can say that i'm proud of what i did, it was really rewarding ^^
I'm 31 years old French (nobody's perfect, i know, i have to have a flaw :D), soon to be (in one week) teacher and researcher in an engineer school.

I like books, musics (all kind of), whisky and video games ...

Thanks to you, i learned many things about computer, even if i'm still a noob :D

And i think it's all i can say ^^

(Oh, yeah, please, excuse me when i do English mistakes (because i know i do some), and, if it's a really big one, don't hesitate to mention it, i'll try to not do it again)
So nice to have a formal welcome. It's been really great seeing you persevere towards completing your degree and all your input has been great in your time on the forum.

Long may it continue.

Last edited:

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
I'm a Scotsman, English is supposed to be my first language. After 63 years of practice I still get it wrong sometimes :LOL:
So don't be concerned about it. As long as readers can follow your post, mistakes will be ignored. Major errors would be questioned, to make sure of our understanding. Besides, it's usually obvious, to a native English speaker, that English isn't the first language of a poster. It isn't the big errors that point this out, it's the usage of words and little things that do it. Major errors make it more obvious, obviously 😊

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So nice to have a formal welcome. It's been really great seeing you persever towards completing your degree and all your input has been great in your time on the forum.

Long may it continue.
Awww, thank you
Now i have to stay here for an unlimited time, dammit :D

I'm a Scotsman, English is supposed to be my first language. After 63 years of practice I still get it wrong sometimes :LOL:
So don't be concerned about it. As long as readers can follow your post, mistakes will be ignored. Major errors would be questioned, to make sure of our understanding. Besides, it's usually obvious, to a native English speaker, that English isn't the first language of a poster. It isn't the big errors that point this out, it's the usage of words and little things that do it. Major errors make it more obvious, obviously 😊
Aha !
That what i thought, but, nonetheless, I'm keen to improve myself, so ... :D
But thanks for your kind words ^^

Salmon Fisher

Enthusiast
Very nice, the whole Basque region is lovely. I used to have a 'pied-à-terre' near Lodève in the Hérault. But I used to have a friend who lived in an apartment in Biarritz.

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
@Salmon Fisher I've driven through that area, taking a truck load of Kellogs products to near Barcelona, several times. Crossing into Spain at La Jonquera. Starting from Dunkerque, there are three obvious routes. Lille, Lyon and round the South Coast, past Montpellier. South West then parallel with the French-Spanish border past Carcassonne. Or straight down the middle, down into Millau and back up (pre Millau Viaduct), to Beziers and around the South Coast. We were given free rein, I chose Millau. What an AMAZING route that is :love: :love:

It's a hard life, being an international trucker 😁
Although stopping just to gaze at the scenery IS kinda frowned on. It's work, get on with it man 😊

We often also reloaded with different Kellogs products to deliver near Milan. Round the South Coast to Genoa, over that viaduct which collapsed a few years ago, then up to Milan. Another amazing route, but not as amazing as Millau.

Last edited:

Salmon Fisher

Enthusiast
Yup, The viaduct is gobsmacking. Then as you continue south you come to l'Escalette and see the Languedoc plain spread out in front of you. Superb, just wonderful.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Hi !
As our beloved moderator already told me that the English is mandatory (and i don't want to suffer from the @AgentCooper ban hammer), allow me to answer in english :D
I'm from Paris, and I'm moving tomorrow to the "Pays Basque", near Biarritz
I don’t swing the ban hammer without good reason, mon ami.

And besides, Mrs Cooper is from Nimes so she speaks to the baby in French, I speak to him in English. Hopefully he will be a bilingual guy.

FA6ACCB0-5516-4B4C-B8AA-47FE72CED6AE.png

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
I stopped for the Sunday truck driving ban/rest day on La Caylar Aire de Service. Went exploring during the day, wandered up the signed pathway to the Roman Cave Church. Spectacular views up there too.
I've never seen the Millau Viaduct. The motorway to it was there, from North and South, but we were diverted down the original road into Millau village/town. Climbing back up, heading South, was fantastic. On a Saturday evening the cliffs were floodlit, probably all the time, but I was passing through on Sat', and parked at La Caylar.

Salmon Fisher

Enthusiast
La Caylar is great now, massive service station, a spar, a wonderful pâtisserie, a Berger to Burger, a small restaurant. Great place, if you explore the town you'll see the Skulpted tree. Go through the town and you can traverse part of the Larzac plain before emerging out at Soubes and the Lodeve. If you get the chance go over the viaduct, it's like driving through clouds. Amazing.

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
The Aire at La Caylar was a fair size, back in 2000/01/02. On the Northbound side only, with a bridge over for Southbound drivers.
I was parked with a mate from the same company. We had no idea what to do on a lazy Sunday, so just walked into the town to see what there was, after cafe et croissants of course. We saw a small sign pointing out some sort of route that seemed interesting, to my limited French. So we followed the arrows. Walked up into the hills to the left (with the A75 behind you), up past a medieval monastery, I think, and eventually to the plateau at the top. A Roman, early Christian church, in a hidden cave (apart from the signs guiding you to it :LOL: ). It was just a cave, nothing that made it clear it was a Christian place of worship, apart from the information signs, in French 😮, funnily enough. After we'd done our bit of exercise and culture, we found a bar. I don't remember a sculpted tree, it was a good while ago though.
I'm glad I used that route. We were stopped from using it not long after :( Some idiotic drivers ruined it, for us that liked it.
The Millau Viaduct was in the early stages of being built.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I don’t swing the ban hammer without good reason, mon ami.

And besides, Mrs Cooper is from Nimes so she speaks to the baby in French, I speak to him in English. Hopefully he will be a bilingual guy.

View attachment 34873

SuperDupont, the best french superhero :D

1665248369684.png

By the way, how is the baby going ? do you still need your hazmat suit ?

@Salmon Fisher I've driven through that area, taking a truck load of Kellogs products to near Barcelona, several times. Crossing into Spain at La Jonquera. Starting from Dunkerque, there are three obvious routes. Lille, Lyon and round the South Coast, past Montpellier. South West then parallel with the French-Spanish border past Carcassonne. Or straight down the middle, down into Millau and back up (pre Millau Viaduct), to Beziers and around the South Coast. We were given free rein, I chose Millau. What an AMAZING route that is :love: :love:

It's a hard life, being an international trucker 😁
Although stopping just to gaze at the scenery IS kinda frowned on. It's work, get on with it man 😊

We often also reloaded with different Kellogs products to deliver near Milan. Round the South Coast to Genoa, over that viaduct which collapsed a few years ago, then up to Milan. Another amazing route, but not as amazing as Millau.
Yup, The viaduct is gobsmacking. Then as you continue south you come to l'Escalette and see the Languedoc plain spread out in front of you. Superb, just wonderful.

Sadly, this is not the way to go to the "Pays Basque" from Paris, it's the way to go to Perpignan (it's a marvellous region as well thought ^^)

Anyway, thank you for your kind words (and your memories about your travels :D)

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
I've been through the "Pays Basque" a few times as well. En route to Madrid mostly, via Irun, and back again.
A wonderful region, but again, not as gobsmacking as coming over the A75. A wonderful road just on its own.
I've been told that the route to the Millau viaduct was specially routed, so that you get glimpses of the viaduct as you get closer. Then you come around a bend, and there it is, the tallest Viaduct in The World, in all its glory, right in front of you.

If you're a biker, the A75 will be 7th heaven. A motorway with long, fast, sweeping bends, just begging you to scrape your pegs, or knee sliders. There are even warning signs, for other drivers to be aware of, and alert for, motorcyclists 😮 :LOL:
And to cap that, the scenery as well 😊