Ubuntu 19.10 (Eoan Ermine)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Some of them sell laptops with the Prema BIOS mod afaik. That's one of the more common headline customer taxes value-adds.

drgr33n

Nice, I've not heard of Prema BIOS mods until now. One thing I will say is I've not had any weird ACPI issues with my new Fusion IV. Everything works out of the box including the Nvidia GPU. It's the first laptop I've had in over a decade with Nvidia graphics where I haven't had to mess about with all this stuff.

Solanin

Ubuntu 19.10 (kernel 5.3.0-40) runs fine on the 14" Fusion IV, with one exception: the touchpad
- It sometime (randomly) hangs
- When waking up from sleep, it causes an IRQ storm which causes the battery drains really quickly. If that is the case, you will see the following process consuming a lot of CPU in top:

[irq/130-UNIW000]

The reason is with the i2c_hid driver. So when it hangs, you can solve this by reloading the driver. To do so, open a terminal and typing

sudo modprobe -r i2c_hid
sudo modprobe i2c_hid

For the sleep issue, you can add these commands to the system-sleep hook:

/usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/00_check_touchpad_status_systemd

My file looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
#copy to /etc/pm/sleep.d
LOGFILE="/var/log/sleep.log"

case $1/$2 in
pre/*)
echo "Going to $2..."
# Place your pre suspend commands here, or `exit 0` if no pre suspend action required
modprobe -r i2c_hid
;;
post/*)
echo "Waking up from $2..."
# Place your post suspend (resume) commands here, or `exit 0` if no post suspend action required
echo "Resume systemd from suspend at `date`" >> "$LOGFILE"
modprobe i2c_hid
/usr/bin/python3 /usr/share/touchpad-indicator/check_touchpad_status.py resume
echo "Touchpad enabled"
;;
esac

jerome_jm_martin

Bronze Level Poster
I'm probably going to be getting a new laptop in the new year.

Do you know if 5Ghz wifi is supported on the Intel AX200? Part of the reason I'm getting a new laptop is due to my current one only supporting 2.4Ghz wifi and the interference from other (2.4Ghz) access points in the neighbourhood is getting pretty bad.

yes it is, running stable connection with ax200 @700Mbits 5Ghz