UK Road Accident Statistics

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Bit random, but just browsing BBC as one does on a Monday lunchtime, and found this rather interesting article/app on road deaths etc.

Ok, that doesn't sound all that fun for a Monday morning, but its quite extensive and really informative. These things happen every day, no use pretending they don't, so it can be good to read about it and maybe learn some things.

Go to BBC and check out the different sections.

The one I really thought was impressive/scary was the time lapse maps showing the times of day accidents happen.

Will have to try and find a happy story to balance this one, because don't want to kick off the week all depressed! :D

Gishank

Bright Spark
I also found the accident of someone I knew whom died at the age of 13. (5 years ago, just shows how time goes by). Though it was his own fault as he stole a motorcycle and decided to go for a little joyride... Though to be honest, I'm suprised there aren't more road accidents marked on the map.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
The accident I just saw when I put in my postcode will forever leave a dark mark on our village, much like how the fact, although red, still symbolising blood -.- has forever tainted our quiet, picturesque south western village.

all because some STUPID old lady pulled out onto the main road, hit a motorcyclist, the guy flew off and died instantly on impact.

Literally 2 minutes down the road from me..................

Corfate

Author Level
Just remembered, a huge crash on the bypass near my house, a van flipped and landed on it's side on the bank and crashed into a few other cars too. Would have expected that to be on that map.

SrgColman

Enthusiast
Just remembered, a huge crash on the bypass near my house, a van flipped and landed on it's side on the bank and crashed into a few other cars too. Would have expected that to be on that map.

Did anyone die? It only records accidents that resulted in deaths.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
there is actually a similar thing to this to do with crime, put in your postcode and it shows you local crimes and ways to help as well, interesting, ill try find the link