Ultrawide Flat IPS

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Cheers, watched a few Youtube reviews, seems opinion is split, i can see the attraction but think >1500R is going to be the best option, the AOC CU34G2X looks pretty good, not IPS though whihc is a shame

Still looking !

Will I really notice the difference between IPS and VA panels, I’m a very average video editor, photographer and an even more average gamer

Seems IPS curved are pretty sparse (I’m guessing all the panels are made by the same of a few different manufacturers) and when they are IPS they are pretty pricey

Am I best just going VA 100/144hz ultrawide curved ?

This Samsung seems pretty nice or are the others linked above better for a VA option ?

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Good spot! That is the version that’s limited to 100Hz, I paid a bit extra for the CU34G2X which has a 144Hz refresh rate.

Still a stonking bargain though! 👍👍👍
@AgentCooper How do you find the AOC for photo and video work, that’s if you use it for that of course !

Just a bit worried that the 1500r is a bit severe or am I worrying over nothing ?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
@AgentCooper How do you find the AOC for photo and video work, that’s if you use it for that of course
I’m afraid not, I do a bit of gaming, audio work, and have watched a couple of movies on it. The only photo work I’ve done on it is shoehorning a load of gifs into my posts on here… and I don’t think that really counts, sorry.

1E0E2AFE-A9E3-408A-8013-6575E380A83E.gif

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Good spot! That is the version that’s limited to 100Hz, I paid a bit extra for the CU34G2X which has a 144Hz refresh rate.

Still a stonking bargain though! 👍👍👍I’m afraid not, I do a bit of gaming, audio work, and have watched a couple of movies on it. The only photo work I’ve done on it is shoehorning a load of gifs into my posts on here… and I don’t think that really counts, sorry.
ah, ok, no worries, I’m sure the AOC will be just fine for my needs

RichLan564

Bright Spark
OK, I think i'm there with the decision, can get a deal through work on the Dell S3422DWG, £390 delivered, seems like a pretty good bet to me

not many reviews out there but on paper it looks good, no stock until 01/09 though but I’m still at 10 days pre production so should be about right.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
OK, I think i'm there with the decision, can get a deal through work on the Dell S3422DWG, £390 delivered, seems like a pretty good bet to me

not many reviews out there but on paper it looks good, no stock until 01/09 though but I’m still at 10 days pre production so should be about right.
That's a really nice monitor at that price (y)

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Yeah, haven’t ordered anything yet !

There are no review up for that model yet, think I’m going to stick to flat IPS, it’s what I use at work so will be easier for me keeping same aspect ratio etc, probably going to be the Dell S2721DGF now, will be £320 and they seem quite highly rated as an all rounder.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Yeah, haven’t ordered anything yet !

There are no review up for that model yet, think I’m going to stick to flat IPS, it’s what I use at work so will be easier for me keeping same aspect ratio etc, probably going to be the Dell S2721DGF now, will be £320 and they seem quite highly rated as an all rounder.
Dell monitors have always been pretty good, you’re onto a winner there 👍

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Dell monitors have always been pretty good, you’re onto a winner there 👍
Yeah I have used them at work for 15 years now and never had an issue, it just seems to edge the LG 27GL850 on hardware unboxed and rtings.com reviews, should be fine and I can add a second if I need more workspace