Unacceptable Wait Time

I'm sorry for my first post to be so negative, but my experience so far with PCS is terrible.

1. My build sat in pre-production for 2 weeks because (as I was told by the guy on the phone) they'd over-sold the processor I'd ordered. No one contacted me to say there were any stock issues and it was only through me contacting them and subsequently agreeing to change the processor that speeded this up.
  2. The build and test phase was completed last week (Thursday) and it's still awaiting dispatch.
  3. I spoke to them yesterday and was told that it MIGHT get dispatched today and possibly this week.
Considering I ordered 11 days before the cut off point for guaranteed Xmas delivery this is a bit of a joke, Especially when I could still order the same spec machine from a different company and have it here by the end of the week.

I won't be buying any future machines from PCS.
Oh, and being sent a request to submit a review of the service when I've not even received the goods yet.... Not even going there with that one.

polycrac

Rising Star
That's a real shame, not the experience they want their customers to have. I know a lot of companies are having problems during the pandemic - constantly having to decide what rules apply to what areas, key staff suddenly having to isolate and so on. I can only imagine that gets magnified when Christmas deliveries back up all the trucking options. I've bought 2 computers from PCS, years apart and my experience was really different - very good service indeed. The last one was more that a year ago, though, in better times. I know you are upset and I can appreciate that, but I hope you'll let us know what you think of the PC when it does arrive.

Can I just say that I'm a first time buyer from PCS and almost three months on from receiving my gaming laptop, I'm still smiling.
I had to wait a while for my laptop, but it was worth the wait, plus really good service too.
I hope that it's all sorted out for you soon.

skewball

Silver Level Poster
I'm sorry for my first post to be so negative, but my experience so far with PCS is terrible.

1. My build sat in pre-production for 2 weeks because (as I was told by the guy on the phone) they'd over-sold the processor I'd ordered. No one contacted me to say there were any stock issues and it was only through me contacting them and subsequently agreeing to change the processor that speeded this up.
  2. The build and test phase was completed last week (Thursday) and it's still awaiting dispatch.
  3. I spoke to them yesterday and was told that it MIGHT get dispatched today and possibly this week.
Considering I ordered 11 days before the cut off point for guaranteed Xmas delivery this is a bit of a joke, Especially when I could still order the same spec machine from a different company and have it here by the end of the week.

I won't be buying any future machines from PCS.
Oh, and being sent a request to submit a review of the service when I've not even received the goods yet.... Not even going there with that one.
To be honest that all doesn't sound 'that' bad. You would have been told about the processor once it got to top of the pile. And easily in time for Xmas.

Problem is that I can't take the risk on it not being here. The only days I can go and buy an off the shelf system from either PC World or Overclockers (both are only a couple of miles away) is Saturday. So unless it's here by Friday, I'm going to have to seriously consider cancelling the order.

skewball

Silver Level Poster
Problem is that I can't take the risk on it not being here. The only days I can go and buy an off the shelf system from either PC World or Overclockers (both are only a couple of miles away) is Saturday. So unless it's here by Friday, I'm going to have to seriously consider cancelling the order.
You are at the despatch stage so is basically 100% guaranteed by Xmas. :)
Once any PC gets into the In Build stage you are on the home straight and only a few days away.

PhilGP

Silver Level Poster
@PaulSammons722 - DPD offer good delivery options (get their phone app). They give a 1 hour delivery window. But this is only sent out on the morning of delivery day.
If you know that you're not going to be in, you can nominate a neighbour or select a locally approved drop off point, then go and collect it.
They MUST get a name for delivery though, they can' just leave it on the doorstep.

As for 'when will it arrive?' ...
My laptop was ready for dispatch on Wed 9th and got dispatched the same day. It was very late in the day (after 10pm) so I think they're working long hours. It arrived on Fri 11th, and it was just 10 mins into the 1 hour windows they specified. I tracked it for the last hour :)
My desktop was awaiting dispatch on Fri 11th but didn't get dispatched until Mon 14th - again very late in the evening. It is arriving today between 2pm-3pm today.

I have no idea how they schedule the dispatches. If it's at this stage then it certainly isn't waiting for any stock or further testing.
If your PC dispatches today then I would expect it to arrive on Friday.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
If you know that you're not going to be in, you can nominate a neighbour or select a locally approved drop off point, then go and collect it.
They MUST get a name for delivery though, they can' just leave it on the doorstep.
For anyone reading this thread it should be noted that the above is not possible if you’ve paid via finance. In those cases it must be delivered to the address that the finance was registered to.

So after last night's little rant it's been dispatched today!
Only thing is I read the DPD message wrong and it's going to be delivered to my neighbour! I thought it was a second address in case I'm not in, rather than changing the whole delivery to them! LOL! I've rang DPD and they say they can't change it back!
Oh, well it'll get here one way or another, I'll have to intercept the driver when he's walking up the path! LOL!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
So after last night's little rant it's been dispatched today!
Only thing is I read the DPD message wrong and it's going to be delivered to my neighbour! I thought it was a second address in case I'm not in, rather than changing the whole delivery to them! LOL! I've rang DPD and they say they can't change it back!
Oh, well it'll get here one way or another, I'll have to intercept the driver when he's walking up the path! LOL!
So you're a happier man than you were at 5.32pm yesterday?

Yeah, I just hope Dave next door is in or I spot the driver! :LOL:
With the app saying my address and then "Deliver to any neighbour" I changed that bit to a specific one because we have issues with the one on the other side and she'd probably nick it out of spite, or at least deliberately hold onto it until after Xmas!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yeah, I just hope Dave next door is in or I spot the driver! [emoji38]
With the app saying my address and then "Deliver to any neighbour" I changed that bit to a specific one because we have issues with the one on the other side and she'd probably nick it out of spite, or at least deliberately hold onto it until after Xmas!
Let's hope Dave doesn't think it's his Christmas present! [emoji1787]

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Yeah, I just hope Dave next door is in or I spot the driver! :LOL:
I’d have a quick word with the Davemeister this evening and give him some warning. Maybe you can grease the wheels with a mince pie and a bottle of beer 🍺