Unexpected low FPS

thebailers

Thanks Nursemorph - I really appreciate the help. Is there anyone here who knows a way to tell if it is a dud card?

Appreciate the help so much guys, thank you

thebailers

was reading there is currently a issue with warzone and 3080's alot of pepole are in the same boat as you may just be the case of a nvidia driver issue
Right! Yeah I am seeing lots of people trying to fix too. Maybe worth just waiting a few months and see what happens. Just weird how some people with the same cpu/gpu are getting 200+ fps

Bhuna50

Author Level
1 hz = 1 FPS from what I gather but Im no expert - so i believe 144hz means your monitor wont display more than 144 FPS anyway so its best to aim to optimise your games at 144 FPS as any more is wasted.

Re the drop in FPS, is it purely this one game or do other games drop too? If it is this game then I expect it is the game then as per others having issues too - unfortunately there might be some slight variant in others systems / chipset drivers / usage / over or underclocking etc that means some with same CPU/GPU are reporting 200 FPS or basically, they are only giving half the story to show off LOL :D :D and not telling on when it drops to 50 ....

thebailers

Some are saying it's the CPU that is the issue, combined with my RAM.

I have a 3800XT and 3200mhz 32 Gig Ram -

32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT Eight Core CPU (4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)

Apparently the min for a decent fps in Warzone is a 5000 series CPU and 3600mhz Ram.

Not sure if that is definitely the case, but it's very frustrating.

thebailers

Who are the people saying that? What I've read would say that is complete rubbish. This from someone on the official forum:

"So I am experiencing only about 85-90 fps on lowest possible settings with this specs: 1660 Super oc'ed, R5 2600 oc'ed to 3.9GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200 RAM, Latest Nvidia drivers"

If that user can get 85-90 on those specs, then even accounting for a different level of graphics, you should still easily beat that amount. If you needed a 5000 series CPU and 3600MHz RAM, then the creators of the game would specifiy that in the recommended specs....there is no way that they would create a game that probably over 80% of people couldn't play at a decent level
About 30 mins in to this guys stream - he opimises systems for Pro COD players:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
About 30 mins in to this guys stream - he opimises systems for Pro COD players:
I wouldn't listen to some random youtuber, most of them have no idea what they're talking about quite frankly.

There are plenty of guides on how to max configure a PC for Warzone from verified 3rd party testers, I'd take their word over anyone elses.

You should have no problems running it at good FPS so long as it's configured properly. It's not one of those games you can just set to highest everything and it will run well, it's really poorly optimised for PC.

thebailers

I wouldn't listen to some random youtuber, most of them have no idea what they're talking about quite frankly.

There are plenty of guides on how to max configure a PC for Warzone from verified 3rd party testers, I'd take their word over anyone elses.

You should have no problems running it at good FPS so long as it's configured properly. It's not one of those games you can just set to highest everything and it will run well, it's really poorly optimised for PC.
I have set everything to low though, and have tried all of the advice from all sources I have found, changing adv_options to match my logical processors etc, tweaking the Nvidia Experience settings.
Still stupidly low fps

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have set everything to low though, and have tried all of the advice from all sources I have found, changing adv_options to match my logical processors etc, tweaking the Nvidia Experience settings.
Still stupidly low fps
Yes, there’s something wrong with your setup in that case. It’s not the specs holding you back.

thebailers

Did you order with windows or install your own?

is this only affecting the one game or others also?
Without as I have my own copy but it was installed - just unlicenced. I added my licence and as it was a pro version of Windows 10 was prompted to upgrade.

I ordered without a graphics card as had pre-ordered the 3080 and installed that myself.