Unsure where to plug ARGB 3 pins.

korbykob

So I have a PCS ARGB support bracket mounted below my GPU and was unsure about what to do with the male and female 3 pin ARGB cables.

I have a ROG STRIX X570-F motherboard and any help is appreciated thanks.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Connect female end to header on bottom right of motherboard

1660548771270.png

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Can you take a pic of the cable connectors?
The male connector might just be there to allow you to daisy chain other ARGB devices to the bracket. For example, if you had the bracket and an ARGB LED strip, you could connect the strip to this male connector and then the female connector to the ARGB header on the motherboard.

korbykob

The male connector might just be there to allow you to daisy chain other ARGB devices to the bracket. For example, if you had the bracket and an ARGB LED strip, you could connect the strip to this male connector and then the female connector to the ARGB header on the motherboard.
Ahh of course, the female only fits 3 pins but there are 4?

Last edited:

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
On your motherboard, bottom right corner, I circled it in green above. If that header is already used you’ll have to try and connect to the other ARGB header at the top. Check your motherboard manual, it shows layout of all headers, connectors etc.

korbykob

On your motherboard, bottom right corner, I circled it in green above. If that header is already used you’ll have to try and connect to the other ARGB header at the top. Check your motherboard manual, it shows layout of all headers, connectors etc.
There are 4 pins sticking out of the motherboard there, I can't plug in the 3 pin female into it.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The 4 prong is the RGB header, there could well be another ARGB device connected to the ARGB header beside it, which is why you're not seeing it.

If you can take a pic that doesn't look like you're in a fish tank, that will help us ;)

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Screenshot 2022-08-16 123749.jpg

Doing my best with the fish tank image, I reckon red is one of the fan headers, green is the 12V RGB, pink is the ARGB with something plugged into it, and yellow is the front panel/beep speaker.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Bracket plugged into header, and CPU cooler plugged into the daisy chain, correct?

If you change the ARGB in Armoury Crate, does it have any impact on CPU or bracket?