Upcoming AMD RDNA 3 GPU's to be quite something????

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is a new video by Coreteks, he does some really insightful videos and has some very deep connections with the industry, I find his videos fascinating.

This is a really early and interesting suspicion about AMD's next gen GPU's, we could see something rather tasty on the horizon.

Last edited:

CMP01

Enthusiast
We can only hope so. While AMD have spent a few years focusing on making a comeback on the CPU side with Ryzen, RDNA initially seemed more an afterthought but RDNA2 has been their first time trading blows with Nvidia all the way to the top (sans the RT difference and DLSS 2 being the better/more widespread upscaler for now) Until this, it's been about biting the heels of whatever xx70/xx80 Nvidia knock out months after the fact and with the worst of the driver game to boot. Cos of this sudden jump, AMD were for me the more impressive release this gen, being another neat trick from the little dog (even if few ppl saw it that way)
If the 3080 had at least the VRAM of the 3080ti, if not 2Gb more still, as well as similar efficiency and actually being available and not 50-100% more in price in the timeframe I had to buy, I might've considered it over the 6800XT. But that 10Gb for the still many scenarios where DLSS won't be there doesn't reassure me as much re long term performance holding up.
Going down the stack though, it'd be a tougher choice for me. I actually just bought a 3070 over a 6700XT, pretty easy decision, it evens or leads in most games and, for me, cost less to boot. Below those the 3060ti is imo the people's champ.

Of course, having only had a 6800XT for 7 months and 5 months of actual use and my upgrade curve usually being 4-5 years, it's not assured that I'd be jumping to RDNA3 but as we've seen with Ryzen, once AMD get that bull by the horns they ride it with a vengeance. After evening things further with RDNA3 I'm thinking the follow up will be ridiculous(-ly good) by comparison and might even make Nvidia think twice about what's next and do 'an Intel', something very new/different to open things up again, which is good.