Upgrade advise please?

rusbra

I bought this pc in 2010 and its starting to go quite slow now. I use photoshop, 3D S MAX 2013 and UDK at the same time for my uni work. I also game a lot also. So what would be best to upgrade for a budget of £300?

Case PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-950 (3.06GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® P6X58D-E: DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI
Memory (RAM) 4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)
Graphics Card 1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX465 GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11 + MAFIA II
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD10EARS, SATA 3 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply 600W Quiet 80 PLUS Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£59)
Processor Cooling INTEL SOCKET LGA1366 STANDARD CPU COOLER
Sound Card ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Personally I'd clean out the operating system before trying to upgrade anything as this should still perform very good in almost anything

Here are a few things to try
CCleaner
Auslogics Disk Defrag
RevoUninstaller

Or you could just reinstall the operating system and will run like new

rusbra

Thanks Keynes i was looking at the 660 Ti today was looking at this one MSI GeForce GTX 660Ti Power Edition 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card [V284-036R and upgrading to 8GB of ram? I'm really not sure when im looking for in make for graphics card but that seemed the most promising from reviews i've seen so far.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Thanks Keynes i was looking at the 660 Ti today was looking at this one MSI GeForce GTX 660Ti Power Edition 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card [V284-036R and upgrading to 8GB of ram? I'm really not sure when im looking for in make for graphics card but that seemed the most promising from reviews i've seen so far.

Is it an overclocked version of the GTX 660 ti? You could use the upgrade service offered by PCS and probably get the GTX 660 ti reference for less than the MSI power edition.

rusbra

The one PCS offered was £216.72 which i'm struggling to find what model a reference card is the MSI one i was looking at was £239.99 i kinda saw paying £23 more for one that had really good reviews on cooling and could clean the dust out the fans as well as my computer does get dusty alot and its always tricky to clean the graphics card for me. Is there any way to find out what make the PCS is?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
The one PCS offered was £216.72 which i'm struggling to find what model a reference card is the MSI one i was looking at was £239.99 i kinda saw paying £23 more for one that had really good reviews on cooling and could clean the dust out the fans as well as my computer does get dusty alot and its always tricky to clean the graphics card for me. Is there any way to find out what make the PCS is?

It is likely to be palit. The ones I got are also palit and I haven't experience any issues with them, it will also be covered by PCS's warranty. I assume the MSI model will offer slightly better cooling and higher clock speed but I don't think it will provide a significant difference compare to the reference card.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i'd look at get two sticks 4g stick of ram, just to double ya memory.

then i'd either go for a new gpu either nvidia or AMD.