Urban03

Hi

I've got an old computer with me. His spec is:

FX-4100
RAM 8 GB DDR3
Motherboard Asrock 960m-VGS
PSU Corsair RM750X 750W
Case SilentiumPC Gladius M35T Pure Black

Is it possible to from that getting bitcoins. If yes, what GPU? If I need upgrade what should i buy?
I thought about CPU Intel® Core™ i9-10850K because after digging bitcoins it will be good for gaming.

I'm open to everything to get succeed.

Best Regards and happy new year

Urban03

As PCS sell custom systems, it isn't possible for us to comment on self-builds or competitor builds when it comes to hardware. You would want somewhere like Tom's Hardware for that or maybe even a Bitcoin Mining forum of some sort.

I would however say this: You can't fit an Intel CPU onto a motherboard that is for AMD CPUs..you'd need a new motherboard, CPU, RAM etc
Yeah, I know that for new CPU i will need new motherboard and ram.

So i bet you will suggest what motherboard and ram buy for this CPU.

If you would tell me what you would buy that will perfectly fit, that would be nice.

Bhuna50

Author Level
What’s your budget and have you tried the configurator yourself.

It helps if people have a go themselves first then post their budget, monitor (resolution / refresh rate) and the configuration link so people can the amend for you and show what goes together.

It takes time to do this so those helping don’t have a lot of time to build from scratch for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Urban03

What’s your budget and have you tried the configurator yourself.

It helps if people have a go themselves first then post their budget, monitor (resolution / refresh rate) and the configuration link so people can the amend for you and show what goes together.

It takes time to do this so those helping don’t have a lot of time to build from scratch for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1.400 Pounds

Bhuna50

Author Level
Have you actually read into the probability of you being able to mine bitcoins nowadays with just a home PC?

Bhuna50

Author Level
LOL - I've watched videos on how to make $1m but unfortunately those videos are only out there to make people that have made those videos rich, not the ones that watch it.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I think the OP has been seduced by the $30,000 Bitcoin value in the press over the last day or two.

I encourage the OP to read this https://www.exodus.io/blog/how-long-does-it-take-to-mine-1-bitcoin/ to discover why the idea of using on old spare PC to make money with Bitcoin is a fool's errand. Even with a new £1400 PC it will take years and years to earn even 1 Bitcoin of value - minus the cost of all the electricity you used in that time....

Attachments

• 4snudl.jpg
    4snudl.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 212
On a seriouse note the length of time effort and power really does not make it worth it im sorry to say I would just use it as a gaming rig and enjoy it