upgrading graphics card

epil_fail

I currently have the enigma III 520 with the graphics card Nvidia GeForce GT 520M
I bought it in july and it was running really well until a few weeks ago when I wanted to play some newer game other than team fortress two.
I tried playing the new gta and set the graphics to medium, it lagged soo badly I couldnt change the settings back.
And it is also the cause of my laptop randomly crashing and programs such as 3ds max failing on me which is very annoying.
I am going to buy as new graphics card before christmas just I dont know what graphics card will fit etc
If any one can post the name of the graphics card or a link, or a website that could help i would be very grateful.
Thanks

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The Enigma III chassis uses a fixed GPU which cannot be upgraded. The only solution would be to but a new motherboard with the GT 540M. However, I'm not confident that this would be worth the cost of the upgrade (~£150).

Saihtam

I'm wondering about the same thing, but with the Vortex II 15'6". I have a GTX 560 now, which I'm loving, but would be interesting to know if I could upgrade it to the GTX 580 in the future?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I'm wondering about the same thing, but with the Vortex II 15'6". I have a GTX 560 now, which I'm loving, but would be interesting to know if I could upgrade it to the GTX 580 in the future?

It is possible, providing we can source the card for you. I cannot promise that we can supply the cards in 6 - 12 months time. You would need to return the laptop to us so that we can fit it for you.