upgrading graphics card

MrStixx1972

Bronze Level Poster
Hi guys
Not sure where to post this but I want to upgrade my graphics card this Xmas. I have a radon hd6770 just now but want something a good bit better. I know I will need a new psu too and most likely more fans. Would appreciate any input, thanks :)

Here is what I have just now

Case Processor (CPU) Motherboard Memory (RAM) Graphics Card Memory - 1st Hard Disk 1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive Memory Card Reader Power Supply Processor Cooling Sound Card Network Facilities USB Options Modem Operating System Office Software Anti-Virus Warranty Delivery Build Time Product Description COOLERMASTER ELITE 310 BLUE CASE AMD BULLDOZER QUAD CORE FX-4100 (3.60GHz/6MB CACHE/AM3) ASUS® M5A87: AM3+ PLATFORM, DUAL DDR3, SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0 4GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB) 1GB AMD RADEON™ HD6770 - DVI,HDMI,VGA - DX® 11 500GB SEAGATE Barracuda SATA-III 6Gb/s HDD, 32MB Cache (7200rpm) 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT 450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£29) STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD) 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
depending on your budget and how much you want to spend.

You could,
- Get a 650w PSU - I'd probably get from PCS so ya covered by their warranty.
- Probably a 660TI or maybe a 670 OR a 7950/70.
- You could also change ya case? food for thought...

MrStixx1972

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for the repsonse guys, yeah i should have added the budget lol. Probably have about £200 - £250 pounds for everything that i need.

I should also point out that i have 12gb of ram now instead of the original 4 gb if that makes any difference.

Thanks again :)

MrStixx1972

Bronze Level Poster
ooo had a look at the card online, looks like the one for me. In that case, id be tempted to bump the budget a bit more to get the other things i need

MrStixx1972

Bronze Level Poster
Hi guys. I have another question about the card you advised me on. I was just wondering what the difference is between the 660 and the 660 Ti. Is the 660 as good performance wise with just less outputs or is Ti a lot better?

many thanks in advance

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Hi guys. I have another question about the card you advised me on. I was just wondering what the difference is between the 660 and the 660 Ti. Is the 660 as good performance wise with just less outputs or is Ti a lot better?

many thanks in advance

The GTX 660 ti will perform better, I'd suggest looking at benchmarks for the games you are planning to play.
gtx 660 vs gtx 660 ti.png