Upgrading my current rig looking for advice/opinions

JoMonty

Hi All

I want to upgrade a few components in my current PC as it has not been tampered with much since 2012.

Currently in my PC is:

I5 3570K
Asus P8Z77-V LX
8gb Kingston DDR3 Ram
MSI Twin Frozr GTX 680
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES

I was thinking about going SLI with my GPU and getting another 680 however this would also require a new motherboard as my current one doesnt support SLI. So im querying any good Motherboards that would compliment this spec? Preferably at around £100-£150?

If do go the SLI route will my current PSU be enough to support it (CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE)?

Another thought was simply upgrading to a 780TI but I am unsure of which would prove most cost effective VS performance?

I will also add another 8gb of RAM.

As for my CPU I am very happy with it currently but have been tinkering with the idea of overclocking it. I have never done this in the past so any advice would be great. I currently have a Corsair H60 cooling my CPU would this support overclocking?

Any tips/advice/opinions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!!

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I would have though getting a gtx 780 ti will be cheaper than getting a gtx 680 (end of life), a new motherboard that supports sli and a new power supply.

JoMonty

Thanks for the reply. I want to get a new motherboard anyway to support future SLI/XFIRE I feel the one I am currently using is slightly dated now so I am not really adding that into the cost.

Which would provide more in terms of performance 2X680 or a 780ti?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
It should still be added if you are considering which option is the most cost effective. A newer motherboard won't provide any benefits gamig wise apart from the sli option. It is also a hassle to take it out and replace it with the PSU unless you are trying to get into self builds