Upgrading to the 7970m on Vortex 2 via PCS

pijeon

Hi , i have been trying to upgrade my 6990m on my vortex 2 (p150hm) from pcs for a while now, but i keep getting conflicting reports.

First were told they would be in within a week, then by the end of the month (July) - but the other day i rang and the sales rep could not trace them.

However have seen a couple of posts on another forum confirming from a member of PCS that the 7970m were now available for sale individually for £312 to fit yourself ( i think i have quoted the correct amount) and also some one on here that was able to upgrade to a 680 gtx through PCS.

I rang back a few moments ago but no one in the office seemed to know what was happening with the 7970m upgrade issue, and they asked kindly if i could ring back tomorrow when the production manager is in.

I am grateful you guys are offering this service at all, but can we get some definitive post on the forums as to whether these 7970ms are now

1) In Stock individually
2) Available to buy

Pj

P.s. still loving my laptop a year on, just looking for even more juice :)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Please contact us on 0844 499 4000 - the call centre have been briefed :)

pijeon

Brilliant - did ring, but am i right in thinking the flashing of the Vbios can not be done until at least next wednesday?:(

Pj