URGENT HELP - Radeon HD 7990 Overheating

Tuffy215

So i've just bought this graphics card and ever since downloading Sapphire Trixx the temperature shoots up on both GPU's until safemode is activated. I dont understand what is going on i have uninstalled Sapphire Trixx but still after letting it cool down and restarting it, the temperature still shoots up after boot up. :wacko:

Tuffy215

steaky360

Have you overclocked your graphics card? Even accidently?

Does the temperature shoot up even when not 'using the card' (ie no programs open etc.)?

Tuffy215

Thanks for the quick reply

No programs are running and the temperature shoots up. All i did was open the program Sapphire Trixx.

Tuffy215

steaky360

This definitely didn't happen before? Does Sapphire Trixx do anything automatically to your card?

Do you have a sapphire radeon?

Tuffy215

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 i managed to stop the graphics card going crazy by ending a process called cgminer.exe not sure what that is?

steaky360

(Exceptionally) quick Google search suggests its a trojan... I would recommend thoroughly scanning your PC for viruses.

Still doesn't fully explain how the cards heat up to the point of going into 'safemode' though, that shouldn't really happen quickly.

Tuffy215

Thanks for the replies.
I'm scanning now ill keep you posted.
I've also uninstalled all drivers for it and going to reinstall hopefully that will solve this issue.

Tuffy215

Thanks for the replies.
I'm scanning now ill keep you posted.
I've also uninstalled all drivers for it and going to reinstall hopefully that will solve this issue.

Norton hasn't found anything however I have found a suspicious folder named "miner" in %appdata%

Rakk

The Awesome
Norton hasn't found anything however I have found a suspicious folder named "miner" in %appdata%

You might want to do a google search on how to get rid of it, cos it definitely sounds like something you should get rid of, and I suspect it's not as easy as just deleting the suspicious looking folder.

steaky360

It's unusual that Norton hasn't found anything. Try to quarantine that folder using Norton (and ensure its up to date too!). But as Rakk has said, best to check for a solution online to get rid of it.

Tuffy215

Thanks for the help! Problem has been fixed, as assumed was a Virus which somehow manages to put your graphics cards to max power.

Thread Closed.