US vs UK keyboard

Hultkrantz

Ok it appears the the RGB BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD for 17.3" Defiance® V is out of stock can I use the US version instead?

Kind regards

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok it appears the the RGB BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD for 17.3" Defiance® V is out of stock can I use the US version instead?

Kind regards
The only real difference with a US keyboard is the “ and @ locations are swapped. If you’ve used an Apple keyboard they all have US layout.

Stephen M

Author Level
I assume Windows is similar to Linux so you should be able to use any keyboard, normally you choose on installation but can be changed on an installed system as well.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I assume Windows is similar to Linux so you should be able to use any keyboard, normally you choose on installation but can be changed on an installed system as well.
Yeah, it’s the physical layout of the keys won’t match up though.

If you’re a touch typer it’s fine.

Stephen M

Author Level
Sorry, should have explained better, you choose keyboard lay out to match your physical keyboard. If you can find then anything is possible. My favourite so far is a friend has a Welsh keyboard.

bob26

I much prefer the layout of the US keyboard and as has been pointed out you can replace a UK layout with a US layout on Windows and Linux. I use a US keyboard all the time on my desktop and the only real drawback for me is remembering the key combination for the £ key which does not appear on a US keyboard.

Stephen M

Author Level
I much prefer the layout of the US keyboard and as has been pointed out you can replace a UK layout with a US layout on Windows and Linux. I use a US keyboard all the time on my desktop and the only real drawback for me is remembering the key combination for the £ key which does not appear on a US keyboard.
Have a similar problem with mine, a German keyboard with a Euro instead of the Pound.

Hultkrantz

I received a keyboard yesterday, sadly it appears to have been heavily used and filthy.
see images.

Attachments

• IMG_3055b.jpg
    IMG_3055b.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_3056b.JPG
    IMG_3056b.JPG
    716.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3057b.JPG
    IMG_3057b.JPG
    699.6 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_3059b.JPG
    IMG_3059b.JPG
    609.8 KB · Views: 166

Hultkrantz

Thanks for your support guys, I sent an RMA which they have declined on the basis that they have none in stock, now I had a look and it appears there are 3 available.
I would say that due to the current pandemic situation I don't think it unreasonable or inappropiate to say that this constitutes a health hazard and I would like to add that I am at present feeling considerably less well than I did yesterday.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for your support guys, I sent an RMA which they have declined on the basis that they have none in stock, now I had a look and it appears there are 3 available.
I would say that due to the current pandemic situation I don't think it unreasonable or inappropiate to say that this constitutes a health hazard and I would like to add that I am at present feeling considerably less well than I did yesterday.
I would give them a call.

At the very least you should be fully reimbursed for that one.