USB Audio Headsets & Android

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share some info that some of you may find useful. I just bought a new headset the Razer Kraken 7.1 headset. This headset is USB only so you cannot connect it to a phone or music player with the headphone jack.

After speaking to may people on other sites they informed me that i could not connect USB headsets to Android phones and expect them to work. However i took the risk and it payed off.

Im using an Sony Xperia Z1 with Android 4.4, with a USB OTG cable and the sound quality is phenomenal. No hissing at all, amazing clarity its just the best audio experience i've had from a mobile device.

I have yet to try it on my Nexus 7 however i have tried it on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on 4.3 and it also worked. I think that Android introduced this feature in early 4.0 stages.

I would really like to buy a headset without the headphone and just a USB port on it now.

Hope this is of interest to some of you and if you give it a try feel ree to put your model number firmware and headset below.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
No problem Tom.

Its maybe not an issue for people but I want good quality but not Beats Audio, in Aberdeen everyone and their Mum is walking around with a pair of Beats.

Wearing my Krakens i feel unique, Especially that they still light up green at the sides with the Logo. :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No problem Tom.

Its maybe not an issue for people but I want good quality but not Beats Audio, in Aberdeen everyone and their Mum is walking around with a pair of Beats.

Wearing my Krakens i feel unique, Especially that they still light up green at the sides with the Logo. :)

Beats are not worth the money, they're a hoax as far as I'm concerned.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
They do sound nice but not £300 buck nice, and i wouldn't say they sound any better then my £80 razers. I dont like the look of Beats either, they remind me of budget headphone you used to get out of pound streachers.

But each to their own, everyone likes different things