USB C power on a 15.6" Recoil with a 3070

bigolslabomeat

Is there a known USB C dock that can support the power requirements of this laptop? Is it too much for the USB C/Thunderbolt spec?

I have tried with the Dell WD19TB which is a 130W adapter, but this wasn't enough.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Is there a known USB C dock that can support the power requirements of this laptop? Is it too much for the USB C/Thunderbolt spec?

I have tried with the Dell WD19TB which is a 130W adapter, but this wasn't enough.
USB C can only do power delivery of up to 100W

bigolslabomeat

That's what the spec says, but Dell have pushed theirs to 130W but that still doesn't charge the Recoil, even when it's running on the iGPU.

Assuming the Recoil doesn't support USB-C Type 2.1 which carries up to 240W?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's what the spec says, but Dell have pushed theirs to 130W but that still doesn't charge the Recoil, even when it's running on the iGPU.

Assuming the Recoil doesn't support USB-C Type 2.1 which carries up to 240W?
Are you certain the recoil has power delivery? I don't believe it does.

It's not a standard feature of USB C / Thunderbolt, it's an additional spec depending on the product.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
USB-C 2.1 technically now exists, which does support 240W of power, but there's no way the Recoil supports it (AFAIK nothing does yet). As @SpyderTracks says, I am pretty sure the laptop doesn't support power delivery at all.