USB extender for keyboard

Danoptic

Hey!

I’m waiting on a build from PCS and I have bought the Steelseries apex 7 TKL keyboard and the Rival 600 mouse.

As I’ll be gaming sat in front of a tv I’ll need an extender. Would a normal extender be ok? Say the Amazon basics one or would I need a better quality one? Not sure if these will cause latency issues or not

edit: and seeing as I’ll be gaming day on a bed, are there and recommended bed tables or something similar to keep the keyboard and mouse on?

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey!

I’m waiting on a build from PCS and I have bought the Steelseries apex 7 TKL keyboard and the Rival 600 mouse.

As I’ll be gaming sat in front of a tv I’ll need an extender. Would a normal extender be ok? Say the Amazon basics one or would I need a better quality one? Not sure if these will cause latency issues or not

edit: and seeing as I’ll be gaming day on a bed, are there and recommended bed tables or something similar to keep the keyboard and mouse on?
Usb has a fairly short travel distance maxing at about 5 meters before you need to consider an active extender.

I would strongly consider a wireless keyboard and mouse as they would be far more suitable overall.

But if you need a usb extender, this is a decent manufacturer and not expensive, although you may see some latency, depends on your game style:

Danoptic

Usb has a fairly short travel distance maxing at about 5 meters before you need to consider an active extender.

I would strongly consider a wireless keyboard and mouse as they would be far more suitable overall.

But if you need a usb extender, this is a decent manufacturer and not expensive, although you may see some latency, depends on your game style:
Yeah I will only need a meter extender for the keyboard as it has pass through USB so I can connect the mouse to that, I won’t be playing nothing to competitive so I might give it a go

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah I will only need a meter extender for the keyboard as it has pass through USB so I can connect the mouse to that, I won’t be playing nothing to competitive so I might give it a go
Even better, I’d suggest that make specifically as I’ve used a number of their products and they’re very high quality. You should be able to change the selection to 1m