USB ports future proofing etc

adventuredon

Yo Brethren...ok, good evening folks. I am in the process of ordering a new pc with following Spec. I am not a a gamer, video editor or animator..I just want a system that will last the next couple of years. I am not on fibre so the PC will be mainly work/teacher resource creation related. A bit of web and graphic development but not heavy. I currently use 5 usb 2 ports , and 1 usb 3 port. Does this spec have enough ports for usb 3? Anything I have missed? thoughts, opinions welcome but bear in mind, I am just keen on quick home use, decent video viewing from the net etc ...
Case
PCS 6003B BLACK CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor i5-9400F (2.9GHz) 9MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME Z390-P: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE 710 - DVI, HDMI, VGA
1st Storage Drive
240GB ADATA SU630 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 450MB/W)
2nd Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 350W VS SERIES™ VS-350 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED

steaky360

Whats your budget and what do you need usb3 ports for specifically? I think it will be difficult to say if it has 'enough' without knowing what you need them for :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
And, indeed, if you want to be futureproof with USB ports you'd probably want USB 3.1 Gen 2 which has more bandwidth.

But yeah, what are you using the ports for and what expansions do you expect?

adventuredon

Well just at the moment I only use keyboard, mouse, printer and a usb hub (as no more ports easily accessible on my pc). Ideally I'd like 2 usb3 and 6 usb ports but i guess the hub works ok. I have a modem coming and a storage usb device that will require the usb3. Don't think |I'll add more devices. So I guess my question is does my chosen system have enough #

Do you know if this case comes with a slot for a 3rd harddisk - I know the box can take 2 slots -1 SSD and 1 HDD, but would make my life easy if i could just add my 3rd spare disk in(mainly for data transfer and to keep some programs installed)

Rakk

The Awesome
Well the case you have chosen claims to have: 2 x 5.25 Bays, 3 x 3.5 HDD/SSD Bays, and 1 x 2.5 HDD/SSD Bays, so that's plenty for a 3rd SSD/HDD. You can tell what each case has by clicking on the picture of each case in the configurator.
And the motherboard has 6 USB3.1 ports at the back (4 are USB 3.1 Gen1, 2 are USB3.1 Gen2) and some for the front of the case as well: I got the details from https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/PRIME-Z390-P/overview/ (but on the configurator if you click on the question mark next to where you choose the motherboard it shows all the motherboard details)