Userbenchmark new tantrum on upcoming Ryzen 7000

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So based on some early benchmark performance numbers of the 7600x, Userbenchmark have seriously thrown in the towel. Looks like they'll be doing what they did with the 3000 series Ryzen and changing their scoring to make Intel more relevant "because Ryzen is too fast".

It's so rediculous you couldn't make it up

FY84jSpVsAUF3_l.jpg

Source: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/1898605/AMD-Eng-Sample--100-000000593-20-Y

This is all based on an actual Userbenchark install and bench taken on a 7600x golden sample chip recently where the scores were pitted against the 5600x. Bear in mind, announcement due this week means that chips will be in production with first batches likely ready, which means this golden sample is more than likely the production performance.

1659294666497.png

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And the related stories. Bear in mind, still no concrete announcements or verified 3rd party tests, userbenchmark is NOT a valid benchmark in any respect and this should not be considered any kind of metric of performance whatsoever.

All this does is highlight how rediculous userbenchmark are in their validity of testing, and obviously a paid intel shill not interesting in impartial analysis.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I predicted that Ryzen 7000 would be roughly 15% increased performance over Intel 13th Gen (their upcoming new chips)

If this 56% improvement over Ryzen 5000 is accurate, there may be a hint of validity in that. I can't see Intel gaining the necessary 40% uplift on this generation.

Remember here they're comparing the 7600x to the i9 12900k, but the direct tier to tier competition would be the 7900x against the 12900k. 7600x is on par with a Core i5 like the 12600k

D

Deleted member 41971

I predicted that Ryzen 7000 would be roughly 15% increased performance over Intel 13th Gen (their upcoming new chips)

If this 56% improvement over Ryzen 5000 is accurate, there may be a hint of validity in that. I can't see Intel gaining the necessary 40% uplift on this generation.

Remember here they're comparing the 7600x to the i9 12900k, but the direct tier to tier competition would be the 7900x against the 12900k. 7600x is on par with a Core i5 like the 12600k

what im looking forward to is new amd, new nvidia 4000, new ddr5 ram etc etc, should be a sweet setup.

D

Deleted member 41971

Yep, me too, this is my next rig, definitely although I may well go AMD on the GPU if rumours turn out to be true.

how is amd gpu;s these days? I ask as am I right in saying amd had driver problems playing games and this meant nvidia was better in that respect.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
how is amd gpu;s these days? I ask as am I right in saying amd had driver problems playing games and this meant nvidia was better in that respect.
That was with the 5000 series GPU's, had major driver issues, they never really got it right, think there was something inherently wrong with the architecture.

6000 series appear to have been far better. Lisa Su realised that driver stability was a major area that needed addressing so invested heavily in getting really high tier software developers a few years ago.

From what I've heard it's really paid off.

Especially with the new 2.0 version of FidelityFX Super Resolution which remember currently is purely software based in the driver, but is now offering actual competition with NVidia with regards to Ray Tracing and DLSS type performance. But the rumours are that the 7000 series GPU's will have hardware level RT cores much like NVidia's cards which should significantly boost Ray Tracing performance even further. But the main draw for me is rumours of equivalent performance to NVidia 4000 series using half the power.

D

Deleted member 41971

But the main draw for me is rumours of equivalent performance to NVidia 4000 series using half the power.

yep that would be a big draw, I think nvidia are going a bit overboard with how much power they require, especially now with electric costs.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
yep that would be a big draw, I think nvidia are going a bit overboard with how much power they require, especially now with electric costs.
Yeah, absolutely.

We'll see, but the things that were preventing me considering AMD were:

1/. Driver stability - appears to be far better as of this generation
2/. RT and DLSS performance - appears to be far more competitive, and that's at a pure software layer, not including upcoming hardware RT cores on next gen gpu's

But I guess it all comes down to pricing. If AMD somehow pull off performance ABOVE NVidia (which I don't think anyone is expecting), then they may well hugely inflate their prices as a result which I guess they have done in some respect with their desktop processor line.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would love a whole team red build to be honest. Especially with considering the infinity fabric etc.

There are a number of considerations for me too.

1. DLSS & RT. This is a must nowadays. We need performance and pretty with the money we put into these builds.
2. Infinity Fabric - Lets see some gains! This has to go hand in hand in some way with the above too I imagine.
3. SmartAccess (Direct Storage). This has to be just as good as Direct Storage. It has to be.

I'm not so concerned about the drivers now.