Usual Pre-production time?

riceas

I was wondering how long does the pre production part usually take? As mines been in it for 6 days so far, I did upgrade a few bits at around 4 days, but it said they were all in stock, so assumed it wouldn't add time to it? I'm not complaining, if I wanted it done fast I should have paid for fast, I'm just curious. (and itching to get me hands on me pc! 😁)

Stephen M

Author Level
Pre production is nearly always the longest time by some distance. Often once it has moved from there the laptop or PC is built, tested and shipped within a couple of days.

RetroComputing

Bronze Level Poster
I think they tell you what the current lead times are if you log in to the website and then look at your order - if I remember correctly, simply scroll down and it shows you the current leads times from the last 7 days which should give you an idea of how long it will be.

riceas

Thank you kindly. I had a look at those and it looks like I still have a bit of a wait then. Must. Be. Strong! ����

RetroComputing

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you kindly. I had a look at those and it looks like I still have a bit of a wait then. Must. Be. Strong! ����

I knew I'd never be able to wait that sort of time so I paid extra and ordered my new Desktop on a Sunday and received it within a couple of days - I didn't pay cash for this as I got it on the interest free option credit thingy so the extra money for speeding things up wasn't 'real' money as such, if I'd have paid it all in one go then I'm not so sure I would have paid this charge!