Valeon Windows 11 drivers and Control Center?

barlew

Godlike
After using Windows 11 on my backup for a number of weeks, I was so impressed that I decided to upgrade my Valeon to 11.

At this point I made the first school boy error. I performed a clean install of W11 without checking I had Windows 11 drivers and control software in the download section of my account. Obviously I do not.

I have emailed PCS requesting these drivers and software and I've had a slightly puzzling response.

They asked me if I had tried the W10 version of CC and sent me a link to its download.

This puzzles me a bit. Could someone with a Valeon running W11 confirm whether or not you have W11 drivers and CC?

There have been a number of posts recently about TongFang chassis requiring a BIOS flash after CC has written incorrect power values at a hardware level. At least one of those posts read like the reason for this was using W10 CC with Windows 11.

I am also missing a Media Controller driver after installing all windows updates.

I have written back asking them to confirm whether they have W11 drivers and software for the Valeon.

Last edited:

barlew

Godlike
I have had an email update from PCS.

Surprisingly they don't actually have Windows 11 drivers or control center software for the Valeon, so they have had to request them from Tong Fang.

This does beg the question, what on earth do they do when someone orders a Valeon with Windows 11 installed? 🤔

barlew

Godlike
Perhaps the W10 versions work under W11?
So I risked it and tried installing CC with W11. No dice. Fortunately it didn't appear to cause any lasting issues it just literally didn't work. So again I wonder what they are installing when they sell Valeons with W11 if they don't have W11 versions of CC.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I risked it and tried installing CC with W11. No dice. Fortunately it didn't appear to cause any lasting issues it just literally didn't work. So again I wonder what they are installing when they sell Valeons with W11 if they don't have W11 versions of CC.
This is very odd, certainly for some TongFang chassis (can't remember which ones off the top of my head) there has been a specific windows 11 control center update required as using the old one wrote back bad PL values to the BIOS somehow and required a BIOS reflash to fix it.

Go back to them again and explain that it's not compatible, if you have any further issues, let me know and I'll message them on the bat signal.

barlew

Godlike
This is very odd, certainly for some TongFang chassis (can't remember which ones off the top of my head) there has been a specific windows 11 control center update required as using the old one wrote back bad PL values to the BIOS somehow and required a BIOS reflash to fix it.

Go back to them again and explain that it's not compatible, if you have any further issues, let me know and I'll message them on the bat signal.
It is really odd and, I explained to the rep I wasn't willing to try it for the issues which you have outlined, and I was confused as to why I was being asked to try, as surely they have W11 Valeon software and drivers.

The response was that they didn't and they are now requesting them from Tong Fang for me.

There must be some confusion going on here at PCS because you can buy the Valeon today from the website with W11 installed so they must have all the relevant software and drivers for W11.

barlew

Godlike
I have just got off of the phone with the support guys.
There definitely seems to be some sort of confusion their end. The guy on the phone tried to get the W11 drivers and software to upload to my download section, but he said they not where they usually are. I explained that they must have them somewhere as you can buy the laptop with W11 installed and he basically confirmed that was right. He said he is going to dig into it and get back to me.

barlew

Godlike

Morning spyder. I have had no further correspondence from PCS ref this. Is there any chance you could hit the bat signal up.

In my mind this should be a very simple request.

barlew

Godlike
So it's been about a week and a half now and PCS have gone radio silent.

The customer rep I spoke to on the phone promised a follow up email and ive received nothing. I've also had no further response to my emails.

Surely this cannot be a difficult problem for PCS to resolve.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So it's been about a week and a half now and PCS have gone radio silent.

The customer rep I spoke to on the phone promised a follow up email and ive received nothing. I've also had no further response to my emails.

Surely this cannot be a difficult problem for PCS to resolve.
I've not heard anything either, going to invite @moosEh and @Monarch to the thread

barlew

Godlike
Ok today I received a new version of control center and a W11 version of SoundBlaster Cinema. I have queried if I should be getting W11 drivers too.

Having said that when I first attempted to transfer to W11 all the drivers installed automatically except the audio driver. I did install the audio driver with the W10 driver and it appeared to install fine however when I opened the W10 version of SoundBlaster, the audio device could not be found. Whether this is a problem with the W10 driver or the W10 SoundBlaster or both I don't know.

Ill bite the bullet again this evening and try the install and see if I can get it all to work.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok today I received a new version of control center and a W11 version of SoundBlaster Cinema. I have queried if I should be getting W11 drivers too.

Having said that when I first attempted to transfer to W11 all the drivers installed automatically except the audio driver. I did install the audio driver with the W10 driver and it appeared to install fine however when I opened the W10 version of SoundBlaster, the audio device could not be found. Whether this is a problem with the W10 driver or the W10 SoundBlaster or both I don't know.

Ill bite the bullet again this evening and try the install and see if I can get it all to work.
When you say you're installing the windows 10 sound driver, is that the latest from realtek?