Vampyr

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
It's been given away on Epic a couple of times and was on Humble Choice a while back, and I'm finally getting around to giving it a go. I've heard the game itself is a bit meh, but the community around you tracking the relationships, etc of those you can help/ feed off is quite a cool mechanic. Looking forward to giving it a go myself now!

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
This one has been on my radar for a long time, just the iffy reviews kept me back. Like the look of the setting I love a good Gothic Horror so let me know what you think. May end up picking it up next time it's on sale

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
This one has been on my radar for a long time, just the iffy reviews kept me back. Like the look of the setting I love a good Gothic Horror so let me know what you think. May end up picking it up next time it's on sale
The setting is very dark and Gothic, but it's London in 1918, so there's a LOT of references to Spanish Flu. Might be a bit much for those who are feeling done with the pandemic. The gameplay through the first couple of chapters is okay, combat is a bit one-dimensional. The graphics look a bit dated as the game is clearly not a AAA one, which doesn't bother me so much, but some will be put off by graphical glitches, etc.

That being said, each area of the game has a screen where you can see the residents of the area whose blood you can feast on. The game tracks who they know and how they're related. You gain better quality feeds if you can max out your knowledge of them before feasting. The characters I've met so far have been fairly interesting, so waiting to see what (if any) twists and turns there may be coming up. The game kinda makes me pine for Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 which is due out this year. The story can be done in around 15 hours, so I could hammer it this week, but I'll probably look to spend the 30 to 40 hours needed to get all the collectables, so will plod my way through it for probably most of the year.

I'd wait for a sale!

Last edited: