Vapor Chamber Cooling

Halfpipe

Looking at the 16" Ionico Laptop, probably with RTX 4060

I notice it has 'Vapor Chamber Cooling' which is described as

"Max Out Performance: A vapor chamber cooling laptop is a laptop that uses a unique PC cooling system to keep its components cool and prevent overheating. Unlike traditional laptops, which use air to cool the CPU and GPU, vapor chamber cooling laptops use a closed-loop liquid cooling system.
This will improve overall tempratures (sp) when being used in demanding games/applications"

I've done a bit of googling at it seems that this vapor chamber cooling replaces fans which is a bit of a worry to me.

Does it actually cool the laptop better than fans (at at least as good as)?

Does anyone have any experience of it in a laptop?

I assume it's a relatively new concept - does anyone know the maintenance requirements ongoing?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've done a bit of googling at it seems that this vapor chamber cooling replaces fans which is a bit of a worry to me.
It doesn't replace the fans as such, there are still fans in the cooling system, but with how hot these chips run, without the watercooler, the CPU (and possibly GPU) WILL thermal throttle so you'd never get full available performance.

There's a good tear down of the 17" here, which is very much the same in layout, just a larger chassis

Skip to 29:15 for the internal layout so you can see the cooling setup.

But basically that model and the 17" requires the watercooler for proper performance.

These models use liquid metal rather than standard thermal paste. Liquid metal is very different in that it's conductive and corrosive, so application is absolutely paramount. As such, PCS have stated that if it requires repasting (which will need to be done at some point as even liquid metal degrades and seeps out), then you'd need to return it to PCS to do so to retain warranty.