VAT invoice

f1charlie

I am guessing there is probably some complicated tax rule governing this but I was wondering why a VAT invoice cannot be issued when payment has been taken?

Reason is I am spending my long service award from my employer on this computer and I am supposed to submit the VAT invoice to claim the money back by 31st March.

I thought that I would be OK as the estimated delivery time was 9-11 days at the time of ordering, but reading about the longer waits some folk are experiencing, I am concerned that as a VAT invoice is not issued until despatch I will run out of time to claim the money back. :(

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
I suspect its to stop you getting an invoice which you can submit to HMRC and claim back the VAT on then cancel the order for the PC, not sure though. It's normal business practice to do it this way

Rakk

The Awesome
I think the only way to guarantee its delivery before a certain date is to use fast track (though if something is out of stock or you are ordering an overclocked machine this is not an option).
There are 13 working days (including today and the 28th, it would need to be dispatched on the 28th to get to you on the 31st, and presuming you ordered before the cutoff time for today to count as a working day) before the end of March so it may be cutting it a little fine, but you may be perfectly ok.

f1charlie

Thanks all.

My order status is Pre-production, 5th working day, so hopefully will be OK, but I will keeping an eye on it and if it looks like it's not going to arrive before the end of the month, I'll have to cancel and rush out to spend my money elsewhere!

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
The issue is the Invoice is a Pro-Forma until it the order is dispatched.
Once the order has been 'completed' the invoice is automatically converted into a VAT-Invoice which can be downloaded from your PCS account.

f1charlie

Thanks, panic over, as I found out that the pro-forma invoice is sufficient to submit my claim. Just got to wait for my computer now!