Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
2nd album of the day. This one is perfect.

M5hYxrS.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Amazon 😁
Yeah, they sometimes have warps due to storage, hopefully you get a good replacement.

I notice it's on the Rhino record label, so it's almost certain to sound amazing when you get a flat copy. All my Rhino copies have been incredible.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Yeah, they sometimes have warps due to storage, hopefully you get a good replacement.

I notice it's on the Rhino record label, so it's almost certain to sound amazing when you get a flat copy. All my Rhino copies have been incredible.
It sounds brilliant. The 2nd LP is perfect and the etching is stunning so I hope I get a good one 😬

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's a really great album. The warped disc actually plays fine. I just don't like paying full price new for something that's not perfect.
Yeah, definitely, worth getting a good copy.

BTW, as a really worthwhile long term investment, check out the VinylFlat and GroovyPouch. I got one shipped from US, as usual with anything audio related it's hugely overpriced, but on some badly stored second hand records which have come warped, it's saved them every time, I can't tell any sound degredation.

There are UK alternatives but they tend to cost a fortune.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok, heads up. MoFi have done the dirty and announced 2 pre orders at the same time, although this one they recognise is going to be hugely popular so have announced limited quantity of 40,000 with release in November, so there shouldn't be any rush for this one, I think it will likely take a little while to sell out. BUT IT'S A BIG ONE!!!

Normally they never have 2 UD1S pre orders open at the same time.

Nothing less than MJ - Thriller on UD1S! Limited to 3 per household. And because it's far higher quantities, it's a bit cheaper at $100

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Have you bought it? I'm about to buy 2 so could make it 3 and would save on shipping :D

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
My 2nd copy of the Crow soundtrack came today. Same warping going on so looks like I'm out of luck.

It sounds fine though so the question is..... do I just keep it? :unsure:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My 2nd copy of the Crow soundtrack came today. Same warping going on so looks like I'm out of luck.

It sounds fine though so the question is..... do I just keep it? :unsure:
Warp does suck. Does it affect play at all? If not I say keep it. There are ways of flattening them again. An old DJ friend of mine used to place them under paving slabs for a few days, worked wonders.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Warp does suck. Does it affect play at all? If not I say keep it. There are ways of flattening them again. An old DJ friend of mine used to place them under paving slabs for a few days, worked wonders.

Not that I can notice. I'll have a listen to both and see if I can hear anything. Not sure how long I've got to send back but whichever one sounds best can stay and I'll try to flatten it.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Sadly my turntable has finally died after a long illness and I’m left with just my cheapo briefcase style record player. Doesn’t really do those pressings justice.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Och nay, that's sad news!
To be fair, it was older than me and had had many a repair and quick fix to keep it going over the years.

I’ll start putting a little cash away each month (won’t be able to justify a big spend with the wee man on the way) and probably come back seeking advice when I’ve got £200-£300 to invest in something half decent.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
To be fair, it was older than me and had had many a repair and quick fix to keep it going over the years.

I’ll start putting a little cash away each month (won’t be able to justify a big spend with the wee man on the way) and probably come back seeking advice when I’ve got £200-£300 to invest in something half decent.
What was it out of interest?