Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
He's got a few of the series left, they're all superb, highly recommend.

He's got a few copies of his latest album, Hydra, as well, it's a superb album:

Sorry, I just realise you were referring to Ed Sheeran, not my cheesy trance!

But on the subject, Ed's = turned up today, very looking forward to it:

20211029_193305.jpg

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Ahh yes. Was referring to Ed. Would have gone for the same album as you had gone for with Thrillseekers, for the prestige, but was sold out :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ahh yes. Was referring to Ed. Would have gone for the same album as you had gone for with Thrillseekers, for the prestige, but was sold out :D
Oh really? Christ, I was damn lucky to get one then as I'd only just ordered when I posted! That was a further repress of 250 he'd just done.

When it was initially released last year on plain black vinyl and a single cover, he only released 400 copies. Within months they were being flipped online for over £100.

I sent Steve (aka Thrillseekers) an email through bandcamp as there were a few fake copies coming out of eastern europe, and I wanted to know if they were legit or not and sent him the listings on Discogs. He came back really quickly and said they weren't official, and was horrified how much the album was being flipped for, so he did this repress so a few more people could get it at normal cost. He's a true gent. He's also been doing weekly live vinyl sets on twitch over lockdown, often with big name guests. Ok, so of course that generates money for him, but still I genuinely believe he's doing it to bring some joy to his fans suffering from lockdown just as much as he's making a living.

But the bonus of this version, aside from the rather nice vinyl colour is that it's a higher quality gatefold cover.

Mine shipped today, have an original also, but will put that into my spares box and play the blue one. I'll play it to death anyhow so have a backup when I've burnt through it can't be a bad thing.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Was listening to Now 16 and You're History came on by Shakespears Sister. Reminded me of Stay and made me want to buy an album.

I'm now £53 lighter from Discogs with a newly purchased Hormonally Yours.

Actually quite chuffed with that purchase. That one will get a special place in the collection as I think that will rise in value.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Was listening to Now 16 and You're History came on by Shakespears Sister. Reminded me of Stay and made me want to buy an album.

I'm now £53 lighter from Discogs with a newly purchased Hormonally Yours.

Actually quite chuffed with that purchase. That one will get a special place in the collection as I think that will rise in value.
Even if it doesn’t, that’s a worthy purchase. It’s mad to think that Marcella Detroit is almost pushing seventy years of age!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Even if it doesn’t, that’s a worthy purchase. It’s mad to think that Marcella Detroit is almost pushing seventy years of age!
In all honesty, I don't buy to profit. I never have. I've got cupboards and boxes of various hoardings that I have because I wanted them, not because I want to profit from them.

I just made another purchase...... they all mean something to me....

Terrence Trent D'arby - Introducing the Hardline

This was an album that my Dad played to absolute death. I hated it so much at the time. Wishing Well absolutely did my head in..... in the past year or 2, I happened to play it or hear it somehow. OMG, that song is absolutely mind-blowing. There's only one way to listen to it, level 11, and it's just so soulful.

So...... purchased. I'll give the rest of the album my full attention but Wishing Well is now one of my favourite songs ever.

It's amazing how your appreciation changes yet doesn't seem do depreciate from what you liked in the past. I love that music love grows, even if it's not necessarily new music.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
In all honesty, I don't buy to profit. I never have. I've got cupboards and boxes of various hoardings that I have because I wanted them, not because I want to profit from them.

I just made another purchase...... they all mean something to me....

Terrence Trent D'arby - Introducing the Hardline

This was an album that my Dad played to absolute death. I hated it so much at the time. Wishing Well absolutely did my head in..... in the past year or 2, I happened to play it or hear it somehow. OMG, that song is absolutely mind-blowing. There's only one way to listen to it, level 11, and it's just so soulful.

So...... purchased. I'll give the rest of the album my full attention but Wishing Well is now one of my favourite songs ever.

It's amazing how your appreciation changes yet doesn't seem do depreciate from what you liked in the past. I love that music love grows, even if it's not necessarily new music.
Haha! I know you’re someone who buys and actually enjoys their purchases purely from the way you talked about your fondness for the Commodore Amiga. The picture of your old cupboard of electronics that appeared to have three different variants within is proof enough!

And as for Terrence, whatever happened to him? Without consulting Wikipedia, the last thing I remember is Alan Partridge referring to him as ‘cocky man from the 80s’

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
He changed his name..... to something strange...... I genuinely know nothing more about the guy though. He's still going strong as far as I know but his 80s stuff only landed on my radar in the last couple of years so not sure when his current stuff will flow with me.

In other news..... The Batman soundtrack has been purchased along with the Top Gun soundtrack.

I can't even get away from my movie-buff status when it comes to Vinyl 🤦‍♂️

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
He changed his name..... to something strange...... I genuinely know nothing more about the guy though. He's still going strong as far as I know but his 80s stuff only landed on my radar in the last couple of years so not sure when his current stuff will flow with me.

In other news..... The Batman soundtrack has been purchased along with the Top Gun soundtrack.

I can't even get away from my movie-buff status when it comes to Vinyl 🤦‍♂️
That is not a bad thing! I miss Prince every day and getting the original Batman soundtrack is a great acquisition! If you haven’t already done it, your next task will be to get hold of Kiss From A Rose…

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Listening to Now 7, Absolute Beginners by Bowie..... now hankering for some Bowie.

The guy just has a flow of tone that's unlike anyone I've ever heard. He mis-times deliberately and effortlessly.