Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Look what came today!!

It was barely in the letterbox before hitting the player!

SxIZNuq.jpg
One of my all time favourites! I need to get a copy of this.

PauFen

This is on right now.... this is just absolute genius!
Yeah, the Batman album is pretty good. It was the first of his 80s run to be a truly mixed bag (Arms Of Orion :sick:), but there's some good stuff on it. I always felt that Batdance suggested a new possible direction that he never truly followed.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just arrived this afternoon, on release day which is pretty impressive given most of the hold ups on production atm.

Adele - 30 UK HMV Clear vinyl exclusive (sold in other countries under exclusive retailers)

Normally I'd be straight up to play it after work had finished, but it's been such a mad day, I'm gonna leave it til tomorrow.

20211119_192912.jpg

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Look at what arrived today. My dad is a top lad.

View attachment 30518
Gf is looking to get me the purple rain album for Christmas.

I'm wondering if I should also get the picture disc for a keepsake though.

In fact..... I'm one of these idiots that's considering a NM copy, a picture copy and a vg+ play copy 🤦‍♂️

@SpyderTracks what have you done!!!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Gf is looking to get me the purple rain album for Christmas.

I'm wondering if I should also get the picture disc for a keepsake though.

In fact..... I'm one of these idiots that's considering a NM copy, a picture copy and a vg+ play copy 🤦‍♂️

@SpyderTracks what have you done!!!
Ha ha.... there's no turning back now..... accept the black crack!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Ha ha.... there's no turning back now..... accept the black crack!
The danger is the way I take everything to extremes...... you've seen my console collection (well some of it). I always want at least one mint and one playable of everything 🤣🤣

I'm thinking mint originals and playable represses..... that sound reasonable? 😖

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So, how is the album @SpyderTracks
Just listening now, on track 4 "Cry Your Heart Out".

She's been through an awful lot, and it's all down in the songs, her divorce with her husband, her kid, her guilt around them, reminiscence of her own childhood now she's a mother, losing all that weight and the public response to it.

I adore this woman, she really is quite remarkable. To convey such emotion through song is truly inspiring.

It's the different musical styles as well, the opening track is like a Doris Day song from the 50's, each track is a different heartbeat.

So wonderful. Loving it!

Last edited:

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

She's been through an awful lot, and it's all down in the songs, her divorce with her husband, her 2 kids, her guilt around them, reminiscence of her own childhood now she's a mother, losing all that weight and the public response to it.

I adore this woman, she really is quite remarkable. To convey such emotion through song is truly inspiring.

It's the different musical styles as well, the opening track is like a Doris Day song from the 50's, each track is a different heartbeat.

So wonderful. Loving it!
i have to listen it so

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

She's been through an awful lot, and it's all down in the songs, her divorce with her husband, her kid, her guilt around them, reminiscence of her own childhood now she's a mother, losing all that weight and the public response to it.

So wonderful. Loving it!
God, challenge for anyone:

Listen to "To Be Loved" and tell me you don't shed a tear.

Properly hit me in the feels

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Disaster. The picture disc copy of Purple Rain my dad sent to me? There’s a scratch that affects the first minute of When Doves Cry. And that’s a really good minute! It contains the line ‘animals strike curious poses’ and that’s one of my favourite ever lyrics.

I’m going to have to dig out my jar of spare change and see if I can utilise the old fashioned method of scratch repair 😐