Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
As there’s a few of us on here that appreciate the good old way of listening to your music, thought it might be a good idea to have a running thread where we can share/show off our new purchases.

My dad and I have been discussing The Moody Blues recently, I’ve always been keen on their early stuff and the old boy is more into their progressive work. Had a nice little surprise waiting for me when I got home today, he bought me the best of both worlds! What a top lad.

I sent him a text thanking him and he asked ‘what album do you want next?’

So if I’m a very good boy I might get a copy of Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ in the near future.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My last delivery was this one on Friday last week, the new 20th Anniversary triple coloured remaster of Sugababes - One Touch.

I'm not a fan of the album, but I hugely rate "Overload", it's just a cracking tune that's stayed with me ever since, and this is the first time the album has been repressed since release, with the original being over £200 for a decent quality copy.

20211004_215248.jpg

R-20433799-1633091927-3693.jpeg.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That’s a nice bit of colour on that LP!
I'm a sucker for coloured vinyl!

I was just looking as they recently released the 50th Anniversary edition of Days Of Future Passed which I'd recommend as it's a cracking remaster, they've sold out in the shops, but you can pick them up at normal price still for a sealed copy off Discogs. Nights In White Satin is a breathtaking track.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I'm a sucker for coloured vinyl!

I was just looking as they recently released the 50th Anniversary edition of Days Of Future Passed which I'd recommend as it's a cracking remaster, they've sold out in the shops, but you can pick them up at normal price still for a sealed copy off Discogs. Nights In White Satin is a breathtaking track.

‘Cold hearted orb, which rules the night. Removes the colours from our sight. Red is grey and yellow white. But we decide which is right. And which is an illusion’

Brilliant track.

Do you remember the brief craze for ‘bendy’ and/or square records? Those were novelties I don’t particularly miss.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Do you remember the brief craze for ‘bendy’ and/or square records? Those were novelties I don’t particularly miss.
No? Completely missed that! I was abroad until 1987 and my parents were not big into music so didn't get much exposure to vinyl back in the day.

My weirdest record is this limited edition Africa / Roseanna single, ironically, it actually sounds incredible:

R-10171219-1492975515-1865.jpeg.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's a bit of a misleading article. There's no shortage of vinyl, there's just increased lead times, so pre orders are now around 3 months.

Pre orders though are totally normal but it used to be about 6 weeks.

One of the stamper manufacturing plants went up in flames last year which is what caused this, but yeah, there's no shortage, you just have to be more patient as with everything at the moment.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That's a bit of a misleading article. There's no shortage of vinyl, there's just increased lead times, so pre orders are now around 3 months.

Pre orders though are totally normal but it used to be about 6 weeks.

One of the stamper manufacturing plants went up in flames last year which is what caused this, but yeah, there's no shortage, you just have to be more patient as with everything at the moment.
Oddball would love that positive attitude! [emoji106]

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just arrived today: The World Of Hans Zimmer

I have quite a few of his soundtracks including Interstellar, Inception and Blade Runner 2049, love his stuff, this one has a previously unreleased vinyl version of Da Vinci Code which I really wanted, of course it's all live.

20211005_150422.jpg

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I got myself some Eminem yesterday. Have no idea at all if they were good purchases fiscally, but I'm more than happy as I absolutely love both albums.

I remember listening to the Slim Shady LP over and over. I thought Guilty Conscience was a thing of beauty, along with Bonnie & Clyde 97.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I got myself some Eminem yesterday. Have no idea at all if they were good purchases fiscally, but I'm more than happy as I absolutely love both albums.

I remember listening to the Slim Shady LP over and over. I thought Guilty Conscience was a thing of beauty, along with Bonnie & Clyde 97.

Love me some Eminem, have most of his collection. His latest, Music To Be Murdered By is well worth picking up, really great album.

Did you know there was a Marshall Mathers LP 2? I never knew until I was looking at vinyl.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Love me some Eminem, have most of his collection. His latest, Music To Be Murdered By is well worth picking up, really great album.

Did you know there was a Marshall Mathers LP 2? I never knew until I was looking at vinyl.

Hit a track there and it just flew! I cranked it up but I'm not even sure what it is as the girl called me and I'm currently on the phone.

I'm sure I've listened to MM2 but I don't think I was overly enamoured with it. I'm very much about the old stuff :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Really excited about this! Actually managed to buy direct when it went live the new Ophelia Volume 2 boxset by Seven Lions.

All his stuff is like hotcakes, the last time I tried to buy something was a 4 track EP of trance tunes, the site crashed about 30 seconds in and when it came back online about 4 minutes later, they'd all sold out. The scalpers are charging over £100 for them now which I refuse to pay.

But managed to get this one no problems!

The first volume which I had to pay scalper prices for shortly after release is now going for this and was only released 2 years ago!

1633713976594.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Really pleased with this, got it from an Italian Discogs seller, although quite pricey was well worth it.

Mint copy that was still sealed. 4 mix EP that includes the original. The album was never pressed to vinyl so AFAIK this is the only copy available.

All Saints - Pure Shores (The Mixes) 2000 European EP

20211011_142050.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another one arrived, this is Ben Bohmer - Begin Again, in a rather nice slip case which has an embossed album title you can just make out.

Ben is on the Anjuna label. I pretty much order everything they ever put out on vinyl, they have some incredible artists, all trance and deep house, really great stuff. As a side note, their stuff tends to artificially inflate in price, because it's so popular so it's a given you have to get everything on pre-order.

20211012_191712.jpg

20211012_191734.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
This one is a proper throwback. It popped into my head this evening, not sure why, and it's an album that my Dad played many times.

Anyone with any knowledge of Gerry Rafferty will undoubtedly know just how under-appreciated his music is. This is completely by design on his part, he just flew completely under the radar and deservedly holds the title of artist more than most.

Baker Street really is a thing of beauty. I cannot wait to hear the analogue version bellow through my system.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
This one is a proper throwback. It popped into my head this evening, not sure why, and it's an album that my Dad played many times.

Anyone with any knowledge of Gerry Rafferty will undoubtedly know just how under-appreciated his music is. This is completely by design on his part, he just flew completely under the radar and deservedly holds the title of artist more than most.

Baker Street really is a thing of beauty. I cannot wait to hear the analogue version bellow through my system.
Poor old Gerry, great songwriter and had a terrible battle against the booze. I wouldn’t consider myself a big fan but the man had talent in spades. I don’t think a lot of people would’ve even heard of Stealer’s Wheel if it wasn’t for a certain scene in Reservoir Dogs.