Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was hoping the group buy would significantly drop the postage costs between us :ROFLMAO:
That's a very good point that hadn't even crossed my mind!

I'm speaking to them later on this evening, I'll just see what the sich is, but you're right, even just on two records, it would save at least $25 in shipping using USPS I think, I'm fairly certain it's a $25 flat rate for records up to 10 disks.

I'll come back to you later on this, don't order one just yet.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Bit gutted with this one. It's a cracking album but the lead in on the pressing is wrecked. First one I've had that hasn't been good, brand new too.

gtOATUJ.jpg

Just going to contact Amazon to see what the process is for a replacement (hoping it's not the batch).

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
2nd LP is perfect so fingers crossed I just got unlucky. I've initiated the return and ordered again, it'll be here on Thurs. Will hold off and see what it's like as both may be going back :unsure:

Really good album though.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
2nd LP is perfect so fingers crossed I just got unlucky. I've initiated the return and ordered again, it'll be here on Thurs. Will hold off and see what it's like as both may be going back :unsure:

Really good album though.
Amazon are great at returns so long as you don't do it with every record as some opportunists do.

I had a first press of Amy Winehouse's album with a crease on the cover, they didn't even ask for the record back, just instantly sent me a replacement so I gave the bent cover one to a friend.

I love Amazon 😍

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My 2 Cercle Limited edition compilations have arrived.

The picture in the circle is actually a high quality glossy photo print, and there are 6 different prints in each, so you can stick whichever takes your fancy in the circle.

The black certificate of authenticity is actually numbered also, with a limited run of 3000 copies.

The records themselves are at least 180gm, look utterly flawless, but haven't played them yet.

20220104_183837.jpg

The covers are fairly basic but nice recycled cardboard, but what makes them a little more unique is that the track list is embossed in the cardboard on both rear covers:

20220104_183907.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
New Black Hole recordings - Special Collectors Edition 3 EP, just has 4 tracks on but they're all really good ones.

The last one of these, edition 2 was released in 2007, so there's been quite a gap. Black hole completely let go of vinyl issues until very recently, so hopefully this is the sign of some good records coming out in the near future.

20220105_112624.jpg

And needs no introduction, the Happy Mondays - Early EP's boxset!!!

20220105_140626.jpg

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
2nd copy of Cruel Intentions received and it's a ton better. It's still not perfect and it's still the worst pressing I've had yet, but it plays really well and the tracklist is just sublime so it's a keeper. It's got charm :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
2nd copy of Cruel Intentions received and it's a ton better. It's still not perfect and it's still the worst pressing I've had yet, but it plays really well and the tracklist is just sublime so it's a keeper. It's got charm :D
If possible it's always worth checking the pressing quality on Discogs for that particular pressing. Can be a bit tricky sometimes with Amazon listings to work out which actual version it is.

Glad it's acceptable though and better than the previous.

It's such a minefield with vinyl, but for me ironically that's something that adds to the charm, investigating exactly which copies should be collected, which ones have defects, there's something really appealing to me about it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is Bonobo's new album "Fragments" (did the classic chillout album "Black Sands" from 2010) just arrived off preorder, a limited edition red marble version:

R-21709576-1642254660-3772.jpeg.jpg

R-21709576-1642254661-2349.jpeg.jpg

He was doing bundle deals on his Bandcamp so got his last album too "Migration" but just on normal black:

R-9647560-1642253945-5214.jpeg.jpg

Then Travis have just reissued "The Invisible Band" for the first time since release on Mint Green vinyl which came with signed postcards from each original member which was a really nice touch that I wasn't expecting.

R-21210112-1638530686-2824.jpeg.jpg

R-21210112-1639743077-1329.jpeg.jpg

And last but by no means least, Alabama 3's new album "Step 13" on limited edition Orange Vinyl. This is the first album since their frontman died a couple of years ago, god rest his soul. This means I have all their albums all on limited edition coloured vinyls which I'm rather proud of.

R-20348587-1642253249-3755.jpeg.jpg

R-20348587-1642253248-2317.jpeg.jpg

What a wonderful saturday!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Got quite a rare single through which I've been after for a while. It's not so much that it's rare, but does cost quite a bit.

This is Jamie XX - All Under One Roof Raving 2014 UK Single

I can't remember where I heard this, but it instantly grasped my attention. Jamie XX is one of the members of the band The XX and randomly did a couple of dance tunes out of nowhere. This one in particular is really funky, sort of laid back summer evening island bar vibes, but quite hard to find on vinyl in good condition and at a fair price.

I paid around £35 including shipping from a discogs seller which is actually pretty reasonable. And it's Mint condition, verified in that the center hole is still part covered by the label so very happy.

R-5882827-1415016777-3245.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Quite pleased with this one. Listened to it this eve, it commands your full attention.

tRgzsEp.jpg

EWOcT9S.jpg

Followed it with one of my favourite artists of all time.

WkP6yOS.jpg
Interstellar is just so wondeful. How is that particular pressing? That's the new one right? The watertower releases can sometimes have a few cracks and pops.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Interstellar is just so wondeful. How is that particular pressing? That's the new one right? The watertower releases can sometimes have a few cracks and pops.
There was one on the whole thing. Second side. Will need another listen to see if it was a one off build up or something off with the pressing.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just a heads up. If you still haven't grown up and get kicks out of clubby tunes like me, now is just an amazing time to be collecting records.

So many artists and labels are re-releasing old classics which are either hard to get as low volumes, or just insanely expensive or more than likely both.

I managed to get an order in for M.I.K.E Push releasing the first volume of his "Early Years" series on Bandcamp, these only went live on Friday last week and there are 33 left for grabs: