Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Oh, wow, direct drive, very nice!
Thank you, inherited from my dad who was going to throw it out when he started buying CDs in the late 80s.

My credit card is currently clear, are there any Spyder approved low budget but good quality tables you’d recommend if I just can’t wait to save up for a new one?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you, inherited from my dad who was going to throw it out when he started buying CDs in the late 80s.

My credit card is currently clear, are there any Spyder approved low budget but good quality tables you’d recommend if I just can’t wait to save up for a new one?
Project and Rega are my favorites.

The Project Primary E is new and incredible value at around £180 all in except for phono stage

The Rega Planar 1 or 2 (if you can stretch to it) are probably better sound quality, but more fiddly to change speeds and more expensive.

I'm rather biased towards those, because they may be cheaper, but they definitely do not sacrifice any performance.

The best way to pick up stuff like this is search for ex demo, all the big dealers will often have ex demo stocks with links on their websites, it's well worth it, they treat them incredibly well and highlight if there are any defects. But they're only gonna have a few hours play on them and they often knock off £50 or so, or throw in extra's.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That Primary E looks like great value! Bet you could sell it for very similar money 2nd hand too, likely a great shout.

It's what's called a throwaway PC though.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It's what's called a throwaway PC though.
That’s exactly what I’ll need, though. I was spoiled by inheriting the Marantz from my audiophile father! No way I can drop a grand on a dream machine at this stage in my life. A £200-£300 turntable of good standing will provide an adequate stopgap for me to listen to my music at a reasonable fidelity.
The Primary E has had amazing reviews, it's a hell of a lot for the money

I will read the article now! You are, as always, an arachnid of good standing 👍

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Ooo, I just got introduced to the Avid stuff by a guy I watch on YouTube who just bought their entry level deck. They are stunning, but yeah, a little on the expensivo side. But totally justified from what I've read.
Aye, one for the ‘if I win the EuroMillions’ list. Along with a McIntosh amp and the Bowers & Wilkins speakers 😆

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I’ve just happened upon the Avid Acutus, slightly out of my price range.
Just found this on an ex demo Rega Planar 2. Valued at £475 new, discounted to £310 if you can stretch to it, includes the Rega Carbon cartridge which isn't incredible but will certainly see you through

Plus it's from Audio Emotion who I bought my tube amp through, they were absolutely incredible, allowed me to pay in 3 installments before they shipped it, and as far as I was concerned, it was a brand new product, it was as new, there was nothing wrong with it even being ex demo

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
For you vinyl fans out there, there's a really special release just gone on preorder.

It's one of the MoFi Ultra Disc One Step pressings, these are insanely expensive at $125 and then around $50 shipping and a further roughly £30 import tax, but if any of you are vinyl fans and haven't got a UD1S, ignore the cost and buy one, you won't understand what your system is capable of until you hear one of these. They are truly mindblowing. I've only got one which is the Bridge Over Troubled Water one which was one of their early pressings when they only released about 1000 copies and weren't so popular. That copy now sells for around £750 not that I'd ever sell mine. That's not said to brag, purely to highlight how impossible these are to pick up second hand as they're instantly exorbitant prices.

They tend to do very classic rock releases, which are great, no doubt, but I have quite a modern appreciation of music. Not that I don't like the classics, but I tend to favour newer releases.

They've just announced pre orders of Eric Clapton's - Unplugged which is one of my all time favorite albums. 10,000 copies available and limited to 2 per household.

You CAN sometimes get these from UK stockists, BUT they sell out insanely fast and will cost more than importing, and I've never managed to secure one, so just buy direct now.

It's almost a certainty that they'll sell out during pre order, and as soon as that happens, they double in value on the flipper market.

Jesus, I wasn't prepared for this, the listing has already gone from Mofi's website, either they've sold out or pulled the release.

But it's already listed on Discogs, so looks like they've shipped at least some.

I can't believe that sold out so quickly!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well don't know what's going on here but Clapton has been relisted on Mofi

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well don't know what's going on here but Clapton has been relisted on Mofi

Ah, and just checked again, officially all sold out.

What a rollercoaster ride! I should not get this het up over a record, it's just not normal ;)

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So, just, because i'm too lazy to take pictures, i bought the original norah jones "come away with me" and the last Rammstein (zeit)
at the same time :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Probably my most anticipated release so far this year.

Norah Jones 20th Anniversary Remaster "Come Away With Me" Deluxe 4 disk boxset
Each one of those leaves has either a record or the booklet in it, so nicely done.
It was rather expensive but apparently the pressing is second to none, better than the $70 Analogue Production one which just on one record, and the liner notes and box are such high quality also, that you understand where the money went

2 of these records contain the 20th Anniversary "rejigs" of the songs, slightly more jazzy versions, and again, that's so unusual. Plus contains her actual demo's she sent in to the record label when she was trying to get this album realised.

20220520_193417.jpg

20220520_194414.jpg

20220520_193426.jpg