Virtualised gaming instances on one PC

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Linus has done this before but it's required multiple GPU's and ludicrously powerful server setups generally.

But this is actually perfectly viable.

Makes a LAN party among siblings perfectly viable with one Rig.

It's also generally scripted so most of the setup is done for you. It's also a brand new effort so will definitely improve with further development.

Requires Windows 11 for best performance. Has to be Pro or Enterprise license if using 10 or 11 and that's licensed editions on both the host and virtual desktops.

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I watched the tutorial but I'm not entirely sure I understood it. Just to see if my thinking is correct....

Up to 3 VMs running
Parsec installed on each VM
Remote in from chosen device to chosen VM using Parsec

Is that right or is parsec part of the script that's creating the VM?

The reason I ask is I actually prefer moonlight and would rather use it if I gave it a go.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I watched the tutorial but I'm not entirely sure I understood it. Just to see if my thinking is correct....

Up to 3 VMs running
Parsec installed on each VM
Remote in from chosen device to chosen VM using Parsec

Is that right or is parsec part of the script that's creating the VM?

The reason I ask is I actually prefer moonlight and would rather use it if I gave it a go.
I'm not 100% sure as only watched it through briefly but I think the script sets up the VMs, then you have to separately configire Parsec on both the host and VMs.
I'm not 100% certain of the parsec config is part of the script as yet at least.

What's moonlight? At the moment, I think you have to manually edit the script to suit your own host, but perhaps if it's written well, it may be possible to exchange the Parsec installer for a moonlight one if it's just a case of naming the pathway to the installer?

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
What's moonlight?
Moonlight is a 2016 American coming-of-age drama film written and directed by Barry Jenkins, based on Tarell Alvin McCraney's unpublished semi-autobiographical play In Moonlight Black Boys Look Blue.

C4007CB0-092E-4F66-98DC-338AF38C5349.png

Thanks, Wikipedia 👍