Vortex 3 7970m fan not switching off after gaming?

Just wondering if its normal for the 7970m fan to not spin down properly after gaming? Right now its blowing cold air for no reason and wont stop unless I open a game which seems to reset it.

When I boot up the system its very quiet and great for general internet stuff but once ive gamed and the 7970m comes into play that fan never switches off afterwards when the card has stopped being used.

Im hoping drivers will fix this?

_Francesco_

May actually have to wait on Clevo for any drivers for the card. :(

Just read this post by someone on a Dell forum:
"AMD rep said they do NOT provide drivers for laptop graphics cards and that it is the reseller's (Dell's) responsibility to create a driver compatible with the system from the basic AMD reference driver."

Rudlin

Same thing happens with nvidia optimus and no drivers had this problem fixed. The solution for this is to launch an application that uses AMD GPU (like furmark, gpu-z, 3dmark...) which will silence the fan until it get hot again

jacobpov

Same thing happens with nvidia optimus and no drivers had this problem fixed. The solution for this is to launch an application that uses AMD GPU (like furmark, gpu-z, 3dmark...) which will silence the fan until it get hot again

worked for me but wtf I wonder if there will be a fix for this ??

fishcake

+1
My Vortex III does it too.
After a few hours use, the GPU fans kick in and don't stop no matter what I do. Even with no programs running and leaving it sitting for hours. If I put my hand round the back there is a lot of cold air coming out of the right vent.