Vortex 3 questions.

Teaz

Godlike
I've got 2 questions regard the vortex 3 as I'm considering on purchasing as I need a laptop for work on the go.

First question is, does the vortex 3 off no backlit keyboard? like the vortex 2? I may sound like a mad man here but I'm not a personal fan of that keyboard layout for dust/grit slipping through it pretty easily. Prefer the vortex 2 keyboard, or better, this type of lit keyboard by sony or similar. Just basically better gap coverage in my view.

Second is, by any chance the vortex 3 laptops will be incorporating the killer wireless 1103? Currently I'm only seeing 1102..unless I'm seeing things.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Teaz, hope you are doing well! :)

1. Unfortunately the keyboards on the Vortex III are a slightly different shape and the connector is in a different place.

2. Unfortunately the 1103 network cards are currently unavailable. As soon as they are available again we will re-list them.

Teaz

Godlike
Doing well so far, just hoping I don't fall apart from all this work I have. Thanks for asking, hope you're doing well yourself! :)

Since it isn't possible, by any chance you are able to provide keyboard covers that matches or that are molded correctly to shape for the vortex 3 keyboard? Similar to this one? If not then a flat keyboard cover that fits to size to the vortex 3 would be nice, similar to this one.

Also regarding the killer 1103 network card, any clue or rough idea when they will be available? I heard from on unclear source that they are currently dell/alienware exclusive? which they seem to have no problems on stocking?

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately we don't stock keyboard covers, and I have not seen these available online either.

As for the 1103 I have no news I'm afraid. I doubt they are Dell exclusive, they're probably just taking up all the current available stock.