vortex 3 sounds like the seaside lol any ideas?

Lappygamer

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all i have had my wonderful vortex 3 for a while now but as i have just turnt it on today the speakers sounds like the seaside constant fuzzing noise unless i put volume down to 28% then it goes but at 50% it sounds like the fans are running at full blast!! any ideas why or how to solve this? thanks in advance : )

omens

Gold Level Poster
Is the microphone on? This would then feed back through the speakers generating noise.

Lappygamer

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Thanks for the reply. How would i turn the mic on and off? to test it out? i have never noticed this noise before and it is quite annoying! : (

omens

Gold Level Poster
Through control panel. But my laptop's broke so can't check. Go into sound properties and mute and microphones active.

Tiger Feet

Silver Level Poster
Hi all i have had my wonderful vortex 3 for a while now but as i have just turnt it on today the speakers sounds like the seaside constant fuzzing noise unless i put volume down to 28% then it goes but at 50% it sounds like the fans are running at full blast!! any ideas why or how to solve this? thanks in advance : )

I too am getting the seaside sounds most notably on Skype on my brand-new Vortex III. When I am talking to someone on Skype, if the other person stops talking, I notice that the seaside sounds get louder and louder until the other person talks and then it goes away. This is most annoying.

When looking at the levels in sound properties, the Realtek HD audio output is set just below 40 but I would like it louder. If I make it louder, then the seaside sounds are louder.

"PC Beep," "Microphone" and "Black In" are all muted.

Other settings are as follows;

"Side," "Centre," "sub woofer," "Rear" and "Front" are set at 60.

I do not have a problem when playing music or listening to you Tube. The problem only seems to be with Skype at the moment.

Could this be an updated driver needed or anything like that? If not, has anybody got any ideas to cure this as it will be most appreciated.

Cheers