Vortex and watching movies

tectic

I have been meaning to post this for a while but not got around to it
I purchased a Vortex 3 with below spec

When I watch movies on the machine the picture is not what I would call sharp
It seems like the background is pixelated
since it has a blu-ray player and 4.0gb graphics card I was expecting pin sharp pictures
The video only seems to play through the built in video card and not the Nvidea graphics card
Any one have any thoughts on this how to improve the picture quality

Vortex Series: 15.6" AUO Matte 95% Gamut Widescreen (1920x1080) (£79)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB
Memory (RAM) 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680M - 4.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 480GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
SSD CACHE DRIVE NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive SONY BD-5750H 6x BLURAY WRITER & CYBERLINK SOFTWARE
Memory Card Reader Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Surround 5.1 PRO External (£69)
Wireless/Wired Networking GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ 1202 WIRELESS GAMING 802.11N + BLUETOOTH 4.0
USB Options 3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
Firewire 1 X 1394a FIREWIRE PORT
Battery 2 x 15.6" Vortex Series Battery Pack, 76.96WH (One Spare) (£49)
Power Cable 1 x UK Power Lead & 180W AC Adaptor

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I think that is to do with the screen not gpu. Even the integrated gpu should be able to handle high definition/blu ray movies.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
The integrated gpu on your vortex should be able to handle playing movies at high definition. The integrated gpu is the HD 4000, you can google benchmarks or reviews on it. I think if the quality of the picture is not clear is more likely to be the screen rather than the graphics card. You may want to contact technical support to diagnose the problem.

daveeb

Enthusiast
Do you have the screen running under its native resolution ? Could be that it's at the wrong res and that this setting is more noticeable when watching a movie.