Vortex II ETAs

villiansv

Hello everyone. I understand that you offer the fasttrack 3 day delivery option for your machines. My query is regarding the Vortex II 17 w/ 2720qm and gtx 485m:

Are there any known delays for this or a similar config? For example, if I order on Thu evening or Fri Morning, is it reasonable to expect it to arrive on Tue of next week?

Secondly, I am a bit unsure of whether the machines go through any testing given such a speedy build time.

Thirdly, do you offer the option of a US keyboard layout, rather than the UK one? Would such an option delay build time?

Lastly, I can see that you do not offer screen upgrades. If I were to purchase an aftermarket screen, would it void the warranty if I replaced it myself?

Thanks in advance for answering the above.

I would also like to know the answers to some of those questions especially the one about the screen! I posted in the Matte screen thread and got no reply hopefully it will get noticed if i put it here! This forum seems to be deserted where are the mods and admin? :p

Hey I’m considering buying the 15.6" Vortex II and I would also prefer the Matte screen. I have a few questions. You say you can upgrade the screen for £55 how exactly would that work? Like would you source the screens from somewhere and then install them? And what if I was to buy the screen separately, would it be ok for me to send it to you for an upgrade or could I do it myself without voiding the warranty?

One last thing there are three screens available.

- The V.0 Which is the default FHD Glossy screen in any Clevo 15.6 laptop of either core generation, has a 60% Colour gamut
- The V.1 Which is the default FHD Matte screen that you see in the P151HM1 (Optimus II), also has a 60% Colour gamut
- The V.4 Which is the FHD Matte screen that has a 95% colour gamut.

I want the V.4 FHD Matte 95% colour gamut screen.

Shiandy

Hello everyone. I understand that you offer the fasttrack 3 day delivery option for your machines. My query is regarding the Vortex II 17 w/ 2720qm and gtx 485m:

Are there any known delays for this or a similar config? For example, if I order on Thu evening or Fri Morning, is it reasonable to expect it to arrive on Tue of next week?

Thanks in advance for answering the above.

I've ordered pretty much as you've quoted here, and all though the fast track option was listed it was unavailable when I tried to process. Not 100% sure why, but I suspect it was due to availability of parts at the time. My order was placed on the 22/4, and it just moved into the building phase today.

It does look like the 3 day fast track is available now though, so I'd say go for it :)

villiansv

I've ordered pretty much as you've quoted here, and all though the fast track option was listed it was unavailable when I tried to process. Not 100% sure why, but I suspect it was due to availability of parts at the time. My order was placed on the 22/4, and it just moved into the building phase today.

It does look like the 3 day fast track is available now though, so I'd say go for it :)

Well, the whole point is that I need confirmation from the admins about this - I have an order already with another company, however there have been countless delays and I have some deadlines I need to meet for which I need the laptop. If I don't get any confirmation from admins/owners, however, I'll just stay with my current order - the key point is that I need it speedily.
Thanks for the post though

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
For a definite response, you are better off using the Live support chat or calling PCS.

Whilst the Admins/Mods are top notch at responding to questions on here, they are always quick to point out this isnt an official line of support and obviously you cant guarantee one will be on in the time frame you need.

Once you have you machine, the forum can be a real help with support issues, but as you need the speediest of answer, I suggest the direct contact route above.

DED

villiansv

For a definite response, you are better off using the Live support chat or calling PCS.

Whilst the Admins/Mods are top notch at responding to questions on here, they are always quick to point out this isnt an official line of support and obviously you cant guarantee one will be on in the time frame you need.

Once you have you machine, the forum can be a real help with support issues, but as you need the speediest of answer, I suggest the direct contact route above.

DED

I just did, actually, and got the answers to all my questions. Thanks!