Vortex II fails to wake from hibernation

AndyC_772

Hi all,

I have a new Vortex II 15" running Windows 7 Professional. When I wake the machine from hibernation I get the "resuming windows" screen and a realistic looking amount of disc activity, but then the screen goes black.

The wireless LED comes on (as expected), I see the white cursor blink a couple of times, then that disappears too and I'm left staring at a blank screen. There's the odd flicker of the HD light, and the caps lock button still toggles its LED, but that's about it.

I've installed all the drivers from the CD that came with the machine, plus a handful of applications - none of which caused any problem on my old W860CU.

Any suggestions please before I have to start blindly working my way through trying to find which device needs a new driver (assuming that a newer driver actually exists and actually does fix the problem?)

Ta
Andy

AndyC_772

Upd: I upgraded to the latest nVidia driver (285.62), and afterwards the machine was able to wake from hibernation - once.

Now it's back to a black screen again, and although there's still disc activity which is consistent with the machine having booted as far as the desktop, I still have to forcibly power off.

It's able to wake from sleep more reliably, though not reliably enough to be useful - I've seen a black screen on waking from sleep too.

AndyC_772

Searching around the net reveals that this is quite a widespread problem, including on the P150HM. I've tried uninstalling the Synaptics driver, increasing the size of the page file, and disabling LPM, all to no effect.

The machine is new and most of the drivers on it are from the disc that came with it or from the PCS web site, so I can't believe I have a setup that's particularly unusual. I do have a Logitech "unifying" receiver and a USB software licence dongle on the machine, but they both work fine on my W860CU so I find it hard to believe they're to blame.

Any suggestions please?