Vortex II price drop

Yevad

This has really caused me some headache!.

I have already posted my dilemma else where in the forum. I was gearing myself up for a Skyfire II (with an Ivy Bridge), but with the price drop I could get at a stretch a Vortex II and 580 card. My main worry is what happens if I have problems with the Vortex II i.e. GPU card / MB/ or sandy bridge later down the line. Will it be a case of a new laptop- again.

Or am I worrying about nothing?

dangro474

Bright Spark
Hi Yevad,

PCS will be able to solve any problems you have at least within your warranty period, and even if you are unable to extend it there are plenty of companies who provide laptop repair services and have access to all sorts of Clevo chassis components. I wouldn't worry.

Hawke1

Bronze Level Poster
Which would improve my laptop more - uptting to 8GB of RAM instead of my 4GB, or plumping for a 7,200 RPM 500GB HDD (Scorpio) over the regular Serial 5,400RPM 500GB HDD?

I'm thinking both gaming (I don't imagine either will make a big difference), but also load-up times of the laptop - I hate in when older computers, due to the buildup of files you inevitably store, just get slower and slower to load and boot. Which one would help more?

Hawke1

Bronze Level Poster
Huh.

I'm trying to order, but after I input my details it said I already had an account (from '09) and needed to login. Since I forgot the password, I asked for a new one. It's been an hour now, with no new password in my inbox.

This sucks.

Finn

Enthusiast
Checked your junk mail folder? Otherwise I guess you could register with another email address.

Hawke1

Bronze Level Poster
It's not letting me register anything; I can't progress past the 'log into your pre-existing account' stuff. All folders being constantly watched. Goddamn...

Hawke1

Bronze Level Poster
Nothing, and it's been just about a day. I'm using AOL (I know, I know), and I've tried, like, 3 times, as well as that link you just gave me. Checked New and Junk folders, and every other folder just in case.

Nuthin'.

Very agitating, as I'm really keen on getting this VortexII before it goes up in price or out of stock. Anything you'd suggest?

Hawke1

Bronze Level Poster
I suppose I could order using a different e-mail account. I'll give it another hour on AOL, then just try that. Thanks, man.

Goddamn AOL...