Vortex II suggestions ;)

Hexas

Chassis & Display
Vortex II: 17.3" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-2670QM (2.20GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
1.5GB nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M - DirectX® 11 (17.3" Vortex II)
Memory - Hard Disk
500GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD5000BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
Intel 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio + SPDIF/MIC/Headphone Jack
Bluetooth & Wireless
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N CARD INC. BLUETOOTH 3.0
USB Options
2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD
Battery
Vortex Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (5,200 mAh/76.96WH)
Power Lead & Adaptor
1 x UK Power Lead & 220W AC Adaptor
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Keyboard Language
INTEGRATED UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Notebook Mouse
INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam
INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Insurance
1 Month Free Laptop Insurance inc. Accidental Damage & Theft
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 5 to 7 working days
Quantity

Price: £1,059.00 including VAT and delivery.

Well basically, this is what I want/can afford, but I have some questions about this build. Is this build money/performance wise? I am a casual gamer, LoL, SC II, Skyrim when I get this baby ;) so I'm looking for the future releases like Diablo III. So I'm wondering how good and for how long this laptop is gonna is be good ;) any suggestions are appreciated. My budged is no more than £1100.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Looks like a solid build, the only thing I would recommend is upgrading the graphics card. It would cost about £95 more but it will be worth it. Anyway, I realise this brings you above your budget an it is your choice. Best of luck!

AshleyUK

Bronze Level Poster
Looks a great spec, would say defiantly upgrade to the high performance heat paste. Worth alot more than £9.

AndyL

I would agree with both Music Guy and Ashley. Upgrading to the 6990M will give you up to ~50% performance increase in games menaing that you will be able to play most games on there Ultra settings at 1920x1080 and it will also extend the usefull lifetime of the laptop. By upgrading the thermal paste you will keep things a little cooler which will increase the life of the components themselves.

Hexas

Thnx a lot guys ;) yeah I forgot to upgrade the thermal paste. About 6990m I'll have to consider. 'cause I was having the same idea, but the only thing that is stopping me is it's a bit out of my budged. Maybe I'll get 15.6" which would save me £70. But again, smaller screen with better GPU isn't the best idea :D

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
£100 more and definately worth it! You are paying a lot for a laptop, you might as well pay a little bit more!

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
You may want to check the price of your original spec, I think it may have gone up, possibly the HDD? The floods in Thailand have mucked up the disk drive prices!

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Yeah, you are right! I forgot to take of the os so it added up to about £95 extra. Sorry for that, completely my error!

Hexas

Well we're all only humans ;) I think I'll stick to 560m, just hope it's possible to upgrade GPU later on.