Vortex iii le / clevo p151em1

Ryan123

Hi so I have ordered a vortex iii le
i7 3630m
gtx 670mx3.0gb
500gb hard drive
I have being looking for video reviews and unboxings and clocks speeds all over but have found nothing? I noticed that this laptop also has other names like a clevo and a sager so I was wondering if anyone knew where to find some videos of this model with the gtx670mx
Also if anyone could give me the time it took for there laptop to get to them
(currently on 14 working day pre production)

Cozzer101

I got one of these, I ordered it 8th January, was delivered 4th February, would have been a couple of days earlier but I missed pre weekend delivery :/.

I got the same specs as you (or at least very similar), I'm typing on it now :), every game I've played on it so far I've played on maximum settings (just to see how far I can push it), and the GTX 670MX has really come through, on Guild Wars 2 for example, everything turned on and cranked up to Ultra I'm getting 30+ fps, which I'm happy with, If you tweak literally 2 settings I can get 80+ fps. I've played games such as Crysis and Planetside 2 max as well and they're very smooth.

I run it on a cooling stand while at home, and temperatures never go above 60/70'C (Hardware Monitor). Out and about I've not really pushed it as far as games so can't give you readings there.

Notebookcheck had some benchmarks for similar builds too.

Packaging was very nice, seemed very secure and I would not have been worried had I dropped the box the laptop was delivered in given the amount of padding around the inner box.

I've had a couple of issues concerning the sleep functionality with closing the lid of the laptop, PCS have been very helpful with this over the phone, but I'm still working on a permanent solution, have so far tried drivers and BIOS updates, there has been progress but I'm currently running without sleep mode on lid close due to a few niggling issues.

All in all I'm very happy with my Vortex III LE and hope you get yours very soon if not already :).

Cozzer101

I got one of these, I ordered it 8th January, was delivered 4th February, would have been a couple of days earlier but I missed pre weekend delivery :/.

Gotta point out for PCS benefit that the delay was due to the new chassis being delivered, and then a big queue for testing; so hopefully you wont experience any delays :).

Ryan123

wow thanks so glad i waited to get the gtx 670 and not 660m thanks for the fps details it all sounds great thanks alot :) get mine on the 5th due to chassis getting delivered so now Iknow its a great laptop and I have to wait longer lol :)

nedwards

Yes, it arrived a couple of days ago - they fast-tracked me after the massive delay, which was cool - total process took 35 days, but about 4-5 days was the actual production time once the chassis they needed had arrived. Currently in the process of getting a review done :)

What I can say so far is that the laptop is AMAZING - completely shames my desktop computer. I've tested it on Battlefield 3 and Starcraft II on ultra settings so far, and found both to run very smoothly (although I lowered the resolution slightly on BF3; but the difference is hardly noticeable). Might get Fraps up and running to record some sample clips from both.

piealian

We got a good book on that matter from our local library and most books where not as influensive as your information.