Vortex III (P170) upgrade questions, fingerprint scanner not working

marvir

Enthusiast
Hi guys,

Been ages since I've been on the forums (good thing meaning my lappy's had no problems so far).

Recently though, probably after I went on a trip, my laptop's not finding my fingerprint scanner any more, and I'm assuming it maybe got disconnected somehow, or worse it's stopped working. Which is the more likely scenario of the 2? Is it easy for me to open it up and hook it back up myself?

Also, does the 680M fit in the P170 chassis? I currently have the 675M and as far as I remember when the 680m wasn't yet released the performance gains were supposed to be quite substantial, can anyone confirm? And if this upgrade is possible, how much would it cost me?

Thanks a lot.

Martin

CEUOTC

Enthusiast
FINGER PRINT READER
Have you tried re-installing the driver for the bio scanner?

Clevo Downloads Just select your model (P170EM)

GTX 680M
All you need to do is login into the main web page and select the upgrade box on the right hand side of the webpage.

Ready to upgrade?

Regards.

C.

marvir

Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply.

I have indeed tried it before but to no avail, it just doesn't detect it, even in the device manager.

Okay, thanks, good to know that I can. Performance vs. Money though, for £339, is it worthwhile upgrade over the 675M? Is the performance difference really substantial?