Vortex III wifi indicator & THX activation

bonzhu

Just got my vortex III yesterday, pretty happy about it so far. However, I noticed that the wifi led indicator doesn't seem to work. The adapter is Killer-1202 and it works well. I can turn it on or off by using the function key but the indicator is always dark. I wonder if there is a solution for this although it is not a big problem at all. The driver is installed correctly I believe.

The other thing is the THX softerware came with the laptop. I couldn't activate it because whenever it becomes "communicating with the server" it freezes after a few seconds, and the program stop working.

The operate system is windows 7 64-bit. 3630QM + 680M

kylhan

Silver Level Poster
Use the installation disc that came with your laptop m8. I had the same issue as you, and had to install the THX software as it wasn't installed when I received my laptop. You will probably find a few drivers that are not installed that should be. Have fun :)

bonzhu

Thanks for replying. So you successfully activated THX? I installed the operate system myself and installed the THX and other drivers from the disc. The installation was fine but just I cannot activate it.

GregKl

Just got my vortex III yesterday, pretty happy about it so far. However, I noticed that the wifi led indicator doesn't seem to work. The adapter is Killer-1202 and it works well. I can turn it on or off by using the function key but the indicator is always dark. I wonder if there is a solution for this although it is not a big problem at all. The driver is installed correctly I believe.

see below for a solution how to make a WIFI indicator work:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/703438-wifi-led-light-not-working-np9150-2.html

Gazzafaegreenock

Bronze Level Poster
Use the installation disc that came with your laptop m8. I had the same issue as you, and had to install the THX software as it wasn't installed when I received my laptop. You will probably find a few drivers that are not installed that should be. Have fun :)

I think I got it activated but mine was saying no devices found?