Vortex IV 780 GTX Overclocking

JakeNvidia

Hey guys I'm new here, just ordered a Vortex IV 780, and was wondering if anyone had any stable overclocks for the 780M GTX, The max GPU temp is 75 c, so I guess there is some room. Also has anyone tried the Vbios flash and overclocked the voltage? Thanks

steaky360

I'm sure some folk have but I wouldn't expect you'll get much advise on overclocking a laptop on here. You could try tomshardware or site's like that as they have much more experience in this area :)

T

TheGeeza

If I were you I would try to avoid going past the 85 c range if at all possible. Even if this means not overclocking. Better to run at stock speeds or a small overclock with decent temps than have a baked gpu XD.

Rustilol

Bronze Level Poster
Hey Jake

Before you do anything, overclocking or flashing will void warranty. If you choose to do so, here is my advice.

It is possible to over clock but mainly I would just raise target tamp to make sure it doesn't throttle, like the above said 85 is a great spot, not too hot and wont throttle easily. You can get free software 'msi afterburner' to do this for you.

I wouldn't touch flashing it, that is only needed if you are going to be increasing voltage which isnt a good idea on a laptop due to heat issues.

If you do want to see if you can get some more mhz out of it, make sure you test your overclock with something like unigine heaven 4.0 afterwards to make sure it is stable. It also has a benchmark mode so you can compare before and after from raising the thermal/mhz.

Goodluck!

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Jake

Before you do anything, overclocking or flashing will void warranty. If you choose to do so, here is my advice.

It is possible to over clock but mainly I would just raise target tamp to make sure it doesn't throttle, like the above said 85 is a great spot, not too hot and wont throttle easily. You can get free software 'msi afterburner' to do this for you.

I wouldn't touch flashing it, that is only needed if you are going to be increasing voltage which isnt a good idea on a laptop due to heat issues.

If you do want to see if you can get some more mhz out of it, make sure you test your overclock with something like unigine heaven 4.0 afterwards to make sure it is stable. It also has a benchmark mode so you can compare before and after from raising the thermal/mhz.

Goodluck!

like Rustilol said, it will void your manufacturers warranty not just ours so I would suggest against it.

VSS

Hey guys I'm new here, just ordered a Vortex IV 780, and was wondering if anyone had any stable overclocks for the 780M GTX, The max GPU temp is 75 c, so I guess there is some room. Also has anyone tried the Vbios flash and overclocked the voltage? Thanks

hello,
in the case of nVidia problem is with memories, these cards May Vram on two sides, only one side is-cooled, most do not even know the overclocking is very dangerous for the hardware, I personally do not recommend overclock nvidia cards,
535a93-1396169736.jpg

Regards
VSS

VSS

hello,
in the case of nVidia problem is with memories, these cards May Vram on two sides, only one side is-cooled, most do not even know the overclocking is very dangerous for the hardware, I personally do not recommend overclock nvidia cards,
Vram Temp.jpg
Regards
VSS