Vortex IV fans...

danieluk9

Hey everyone;
So I've had my vortex for a few months now, it's great and stays nice and cool (about 50-55 degrees MAX)

but whevever I do practically anything the fans go full pelt, and it's just excessively loud, and if you check the temperature, the graphics card and the cpu is below 60-65, even when running multiple games

I've tried finding software to make it so the fans only blast like that when it's at 80, but to no avail

Side note: when they're blasting, if I put it into sleep and take it back out (like under 10s) the fans go nice and quiet, it's as if it's just checked the temp

I read (on these forums, a while back) someone got a suggestion on a key to press before launching a game to force them to blast, I was wondering what that was so I can try it to turn them down...
I'm just worried that the fans will get worn out...

Anyways, any suggestions / software I can use?

Last edited:

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I can usually hear the fans all the time on my machine and it idles about 54 but the volume is acceptable.

If you start doing anything that requires processing power or gaming it will get louder to compensate for cooling.

I guess its hard to explain as everyone has different opinions of loud and what is acceptable

The button Combination is FN and 1 this will give the fans full blast and it should never be that loud when running normally. Not in my experience anyway.

Perhaps the machine need a clean. That can help. Once a month i take the back off and the heat sync off, clean the dust out with a tooth brush and some compressed air. First time i did this was when she was a year old, made a big difference. I find that the two heat syncs for the GPU gather a lost of dust between the two and can have a negative effect on cooling.

Fans should wear out very quickly, mine is on 24 7 and only ever shuts down for updates. its about 2 years old now

danieluk9

Yeah, the keycombination works okay, if i press them it turns the fans down for like one second and forces itself straight back on
What I'm saying is -generally- when i'm playing games (Dota, Garry's mod, nothing that requires anything massive) it runs about 50 degrees
My old laptop used to run about 85-90, I'd be happy for this to run about 80 and blast at 90, but the blasting at 50 is getting irritating
I'm looking for software to do that

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I would speak to PCS about it in that case, although there is software out there to change the fan speeds i wouldn't like to be responsible for anything that would go wrong as a result sorry.

If you have AMD there should be an option in the CCC Software under "Overdive" that has fan control which may help but it may already be set to minimum. If you have a Nvidia im not familiar with the software sorry.

There great on the phone and will gladly talk to you about it.

The FN 1 does kill the fans when you switch it off then they do kick in after a second or two so that does sound correct.

Sorry i cannot be any more help than that.